Sales Development Representative
Nuvocargo is reinventing the dusty $2 trillion dollar freight forwarding industry. We use technology to help companies move their cargo more efficiently between North and South America, starting with Mexico <-> US cross-border trucking.
We are looking for a scrappy & entrepreneurial Sales Representative to join our Mexico City team at Nuvocargo to help grow our sales efforts and expand Nuvocargo's book of business.
We are a Y Combinator and venture-backed startup headquartered in New York City with funding from some of the world’s best investors including the founders of Rappi and the ex-CMO of Cabify. Our team includes a wide range of engineering, design, and business talent that has scaled over 20+ venture-backed startups and raised over $1.7bn of venture capital in the US and in Latin America.
What we are looking for
An entrepreneurial, passionate, and obsessive learner to join as Sales Representative to participate and grow our Mexico <→ US sales efforts, based out of our Mexico City office.
You need to have a hunger for proving yourself, thrive in uncertain situations, be a quick & deliberate decision maker, and a leader that can inspire and recruit those who are even more qualified than you.
Required skills & experience
- You have 1-5+ years sales experience in transportation management or freight brokerage/forwarding in the Mexico <--> US trade route - startup or tech experience is a huge plus
- You feel comfortable leading sales conversations with medium to large shippers about their US <--> Mexico cross-border trucking needs
- You have excellent communication (both English & Spanish) and organizational skills
- You have strong project management experience, ideally having led small or sales large teams that have grown quickly in a short period of time
- You have exceptional business judgment and critical thinking skills
- You have the "X" factors that make for a great salesperson - hustle, drive, determination, and persistence
- You have connections or ties to shippers who move sizable volumes of freight between Mexico <--> US (optional)
What you’re going to do
- Deep dive into the cross-border trucking logistics ecosystem and research competitive roadblocks
- Understand our product offerings and act as a brand ambassador for Nuvocargo
- Build integral relationships as the first point of contact through heavy outbound prospecting with both calls and emails
- Find potential clients and maintain a healthy pipeline in our Sales CRM
- Identify and qualify new sales opportunities for Nuvocargo
- Demonstrate the value of our offering through phone calls, email, LinkedIn and other social mediums
- Research your target companies and deeply understand their logistics problems and how Nuvocargo can help solve them
- Diligently update our sales CRM, to stay current on leads and follow-ups
- Learn from our Sales Director and our exec team in meetings and other activities to help you acquire the skills you’ll need for your next role at Nuvocargo
- You will have tremendous impact on our company culture and trajectory working closely with the founders and early team members
What we offer
- An opportunity to revolutionize the industry of freight forwarding in North & South America with one of the fastest growing start-ups in the sector
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A chance to innovate and build surrounded by a group of talented and fun colleagues