Mexico, Mexico /
Nuvocargo is reinventing the $2 trillion freight forwarding industry. We are a digital-first freight forwarder using a mix of technology and exceptional service to help companies seamlessly move products across the Americas, starting with the biggest trade lane in the world: Mexico <-> USA cross-border trucking.
International logistics is the multi-trillion dollar connective tissue of the world economy, but it's been slow to leverage the power of technology; it's finally going digital, and Nuvocargo is playing a big role in driving this historic shift.
We believe that true expertise in logistics cannot be automated and is incredibly valuable; however, we think software and technology can give logistics professionals superpowers to help provide shippers with the best service, and make everyone's lives easier.
We're growing quickly, and are backed by some of the world's best investors from both Silicon Valley and Latin America such as NFX (Silicon Valley fund with $10bn in exits), ALLVP (Leading Mexico & LatAm fund), Y Combinator (~1% acceptance rate, created $150bn worth of startups), and angels who have built, exited, or currently sit on the board of companies worth over $30 billion.
Our DNA is comprised of four very distinct worlds and cultures: Silicon Valley, Logistics, Latin America, and USA. If you are excited about being at the intersection of these worlds and laying the foundations for hyper-growth at one of the most tech-forward 3PL's in both the US and Mexico, then read on...
The opportunity for you:
As Carrier Manager, you will focus on the dynamic brokerage aspect of one of the fastest growing cross-border freight brokers offering both carriers and shippers a differentiated value proposition through technology and attractive payment terms.
You will manage the team that is responsible for helping customers move their inventory in the most cost-effective way by identifying and providing solutions through your carrier relationships
If you have prior carrier management or carrier rep experience at another cross border freight broker or 3PL focused on US/Mexico trucking, then this role might be perfect for you.
Who are you?
- You speak both English & Spanish fluently. For this particular role at Nuvocargo, seamlessly switching between English & Spanish is a must. A typical day could involve solving exceptions with a carrier in Mexico in Spanish to helping put together an RFQ for a Fortune 100 client in USA in English
- You understand US/Mexico cross border freight. You have at least 2 years experience in cross border freight; this means you have likely moved hundreds of loads across the US/Mexico border at another 3PL or freight broker as a carrier representative
- You have empathy with carriers. You think about our overall service, our brand, and most importantly, our carriers in a holistic way; our carriers are your customer, and you are not afraid to dig into operations issues and make sure carriers prefer to work with Nuvocargo over others
- You move with speed. You move incredibly fast, overcoming obstacles with speed. You are nimble and help solve problems
- You are a problem solver. You are self-motivated, solutions-minded, and proactive in solving problems quickly and with best practices
- You are low ego. Collaboration is your best method. You don’t care or remember who came up with the best idea. Sales reps, carrier reps, operations reps, shippers, and carriers all love working with you
- You find joy in excellence. You love doing things the right way, and are always looking for both incremental and critical ways to improve your work, your team, and your processes
- You manage stress well. Logistics can be quite stressful; the freight never stops moving, exceptions happen all the time, and sometimes shippers and carriers make our life hard. You are the person everyone wants on their team during the stressful times, because you keep your calm and are always looking for solutions instead of complaining
This will NOT be a good fit for you if:
- You are impatient. Working with carriers to get adequate updates, solve exceptions, and solve operational issues requires patience and a steady hand under stressful times. If you get easily flustered or stressed, this role will not be a good fit for you
- Can’t provide direction and guide teams. This role involves helping shape the future carrier development strategies for Nuvocargo
- You can't think long term. Building relationships with carriers is a long-term effort. Establish the procurement strategy that sets up Nuvocargo is extremely important and it won’t happen overnight. Establishing and building relationships with carriers in both the US and Mexico will be vital to succeeding in this role
What you'll do in a typical week:
- Focus on developing the procurement carrier strategy to increase capacity at advantageous rates for North American cross-border dry van, open deck and refrigerated trucking
- Keep the entire company updated on current market conditions and competitive carrier rates
- Coach and develop carrier reps to maximize productivity and monitoring KPI’s for each carrier rep
- Identify and contact new and existing carriers and forge relationship with the high-level contacts that make decisions
- Assist with all RFQ and pricing strategies and negotiate freight rates and carrier agreements
- Use DAT/ITS to acquire capacity on the US spot market as needed
- Build and maintain a carrier database to ensure carrier credentials are current
- Qualify carriers based on valid operating authority and safety records
- Build strong relationships with Operation and Sales Leadership and find ways to improve processes and performance
- Coordinate with carriers to ensure capacity availability and maximum utilization
- Serve as primary escalation point to help carriers resolves issues with shippers that impact service and cost
What we offer
- A chance to use your hard earned industry expertise to help mold the future of the US/Mexico market at a fast-growing 3PL that is modernizing an industry critical to the global economy
- A unique & fun culture at the intersection of Logistics, Latin America, and Silicon Valley
- Competitive salary and stock options
Read more about us here: www.nuvocargo.com/about and feel free to reach out with any questions to our Founder/CEO directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to working with you!