Sales Development Representative
Mexico, Mexico /
Nuvocargo is reinventing the $2 trillion freight forwarding industry. We are a digital-first freight forwarder using a mix of technology and exceptional service to help companies seamlessly move products across the Americas, starting with the biggest trade lane in the world: Mexico <-> USA cross-border trucking.
International logistics is the multi-trillion dollar connective tissue of the world economy, but it's been slow to leverage the power of technology; it's finally going digital, and Nuvocargo is playing a big role in driving this historic shift.
We believe that true expertise in logistics cannot be automated and is incredibly valuable; however, we think software and technology can give logistics professionals superpowers to help provide shippers with the best service, and make everyone's lives easier.
We're growing quickly, and are backed by some of the world's best investors from both Silicon Valley and Latin America such as NFX (Silicon Valley fund with $10bn in exits), ALLVP (Leading Mexico & LatAm fund), Y Combinator (~1% acceptance rate, created $150bn worth of startups), and angels who have built, exited, or currently sit on the board of companies worth over $30 billion.
Our DNA is comprised of four very distinct worlds and cultures: Silicon Valley, Logistics, Latin America, and USA. If you are excited about being at the intersection of these worlds and laying the foundations for hyper-growth at one of the most tech-forward 3PL's in both the US and Mexico, then read on...
The opportunity for you:
As Sales Representative, you will focus on growing our customer base and the fast-paced brokerage aspect at one of the fastest growing cross-border freight brokers offering both carriers and shippers a differentiated value proposition through technology and attractive payment terms.
You will create your individual portfolio of accounts through research and prospecting while becoming consultative in providing logistics solutions based on individual customer needs. This consultative style will provide the opportunity to navigate longer sales cycles and develop account-specific growth strategies.
If you have carrier rep experience at another cross border freight broker or 3PL focused on US/Mexico trucking, then this role might be perfect for you. Read on..
Required skills & experience
- You have 1-5+ years sales experience in transportation management or freight brokerage/forwarding in the Mexico <--> US trade route - startup or tech experience is a huge plus
- You feel comfortable leading sales conversations with medium to large shippers about their US <--> Mexico cross-border trucking needs
- You have excellent communication (both English & Spanish) and organizational skills
- You have strong project management experience, ideally having led small or sales large teams that have grown quickly in a short period of time
- You have exceptional business judgment and critical thinking skills
- You have the "X" factors that make for a great salesperson - hustle, drive, determination, and persistence
- You have connections or ties to shippers who move sizable volumes of freight between Mexico <--> US (optional)
What you’re going to do
- Deep dive into the cross-border trucking logistics ecosystem and research competitive roadblocks
- Understand our product offerings and act as a brand ambassador for Nuvocargo
- Build integral relationships as the first point of contact through heavy outbound prospecting with both calls and emails
- Find potential clients and maintain a healthy pipeline in our Sales CRM
- Identify and qualify new sales opportunities for Nuvocargo
- Demonstrate the value of our offering through phone calls, email, LinkedIn and other social mediums
- Research your target companies and deeply understand their logistics problems and how Nuvocargo can help solve them
- Diligently update our sales CRM, to stay current on leads and follow-ups
- Learn from our Sales Director and our exec team in meetings and other activities to help you acquire the skills you’ll need for your next role at Nuvocargo
- You will have tremendous impact on our company culture and trajectory working closely with the founders and early team members
What we offer
- An opportunity to revolutionize the industry of freight forwarding in North & South America with one of the fastest growing start-ups in the sector
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A chance to innovate and build surrounded by a group of talented and fun colleagues
Read more about us here: www.nuvocargo.com/about and feel free to reach out with any questions to our Founder/CEO directly: email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you!