Treasury & Operations Associate
Mexico, Mexico /
Nuvocargo is reinventing the $2 trillion freight forwarding industry. We are a digital-first freight forwarder using a mix of technology and exceptional service to help companies seamlessly move products across the Americas, starting with the biggest trade lane in the world: Mexico <-> USA cross-border trucking.
International logistics is the multi-trillion dollar connective tissue of the world economy, but it's been slow to leverage the power of technology; it's finally going digital, and Nuvocargo is playing a big role in driving this historic shift.
We believe that true expertise in logistics cannot be automated and is incredibly valuable; however, we think software and technology can give logistics professionals superpowers to help provide shippers with the best service, and make everyone's lives easier.
We're growing quickly, and are backed by some of the world's best investors from both Silicon Valley and Latin America such as NFX (Silicon Valley fund with $10bn in exits), ALLVP (Leading Mexico & LatAm fund), Y Combinator (~1% acceptance rate, created $150bn worth of startups), and angels who have built, exited, or currently sit on the board of companies worth over $30 billion.
Our DNA is comprised of four very distinct worlds and cultures: Silicon Valley, Logistics, Latin America, and USA. If you are excited about being at the intersection of these worlds and laying the foundations for hyper-growth at one of the most tech-forward 3PL's in both the US and Mexico, then read on...
The opportunity for you:
- The Treasury & Ops Associate is an instrumental member of the Finance Division, which will be responsible for billing operations, creating bank reconciliations, and manage collection for the Company’s multinational clients.
- The ideal candidate is excited to learn about our company’s business model and have a basic understanding of revenue recognition, accounts receivable & cash collections.
- The Associate will work closely with the Operations & Sales teams, so we expect a team player with a positive, proactive attitude & a great communicator. If you are someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced & challenging environment, then this is the role for you.
Who are you:
- You move with speed. You move incredibly fast, making decisions and overcoming obstacles with speed. You are not afraid of working with different stakeholders or getting into the nitty-gritty to make sure our efforts are implemented and have the highest impact.
- You are disciplined and organized. You have a proven ability to balance multiple priorities effectively & meet deadlines. Your best weapons are organization, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- You are a great communicator. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with customers by phone & email. Proficiency in English and Spanish is a must.
- You are self-driven and proactive. You are a self-starter who is not afraid to step out of the comfort zone in the quest for improvement and innovation.
- You have a track record in corporate finance. Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or similar, plus corporate accounting or finance experience are preferred.
- You are open to relocating to Mexico City. If you already here, great!
This will NOT be a good fit for you if:
- You are not organized or lack attention to detail. If you find that you're OK sending emails with typo's, or get overwhelmed when juggling multiple responsibilities, this is probably not a good role for you. This role requires incredible attention to detail and organization to execute on high impact projects with different stakeholders.
- You struggle to make things happen. This role will require someone with a bias towards action who move at the speed of high growth startups in executing financial and operations processes internally and with our customers.
What you'll do in a typical week:
- Gain a deep understanding of the sales process from customer onboarding to billing & collection
- Lead the billing process by ensuring the timely and accurate invoicing of customers
- Establish relationships with key business partners & customers, and liaise directly with customers as the main billing contact for invoicing and collection activities
- Follow up frequently by phone and email on past due balances and resolve customer billing disputes in a timely manner
- Work closely with sales and ops teams in obtaining documents for billing
- Create bank reconciliations for the accounts in the United States, and Mexico
- Manage collections regularly, focusing on minimizing bad debt and lowering DSO
- Manage payments regularly, ensuring timely payments to our suppliers
What we offer:
- A unique & fun culture at the intersection of Latin America and Silicon Valley
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to shape the foundations of a venture backed company
- A chance to join the ground floor of a well funded, fast-growing startup that is modernizing an industry critical to the global economy.
Read more about us here: www.nuvocargo.com/about.
We look forward to working with you!