The Logistician is responsible for ensuring Engineering and Products teams have their material on-time and within project cost objectives. This position is responsible for complying with Quality standards, improving the Logistics processes at NuWaves, and supporting internal/external customer requests. This professional will be expected to support inventory management, expedite products, complete purchase orders, and manage vendors.
Employee Value Proposition
- This position presents the opportunity to apply expertise in Logistics to support NuWaves’ primarily DoD projects, ultimately supporting the US Military. Opportunities exist within the Logistics domain and across the company to increase knowledge, grow leadership skills, and continuously improve the business system.
- Master the NuWaves’ Enterprise Resource Planning system in 90 days. This includes Purchasing, Inventory Management, and Vendor Management.
- Prioritize tasks based on project/product schedules by establishing credibility and working relationship with the Product and Engineering teams.
- Take the lead on Purchasing and Vendor Management in 60 days.
- Complete internal/external customer requests on time and within budgeted cost. This requires a close working relationship with project and product managers.
- Generate a working understanding of NuWaves’ business system within 60 days, with the goal of contributing to system improvements thereafter.
- This includes understanding the company strategy and working within NuWaves’ Quality Management System.
Typical Education and Experience
- Mid-Level position with 3-5 years of logistics experience, and 1-3 years of direct inventory management experience in a manufacturing setting.
- The ability to frequently lift 40 pounds is required.
US Citizenship is a requirement. EOE M/V/F/D.