Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Layout Designer
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at this company, or if you need reasonable
accommodation with the application process, please call (513)360-0800 or contact us at email@example.com.
Employee Value Proposition: This position presents the opportunity to apply expertise in Radio Frequency (RF) and Microwave Engineering to support NuWaves’ primarily DoD projects, ultimately supporting the US Military. Opportunities exist within the Engineering domain and across the company to increase knowledge, grow leadership skills, and continuously improve the business system.
General Summary: The Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Layout Designer reports directly to the Engineering Manager. This position is part of the Engineering Domain and supports design and development of printed circuit boards. Individuals in this position design and develop circuit boards through use of PCB design tools using Cadence software: OrCAD Capture CIS, OrCAD PCB Editor, and Allegro PCB Designer.
- Design RF/Microwave, analog, digital, and mixed-signal boards.
- Interpret and design layouts to support the development of new products.
- Design using SMT and leaded parts.
- Design using BGA, QFM, and other high-density packages.
- Work within the product development team and be accountable to deliver tasks with efficiency,quality,and within schedule.
- Maintain and define library symbols and footprints.
- Provide excellent communication, both written and verbal, through out all levels of the organization.
- Prepare detailed layouts of the printed circuit boards and establish electrical functionality.
- Generate assembly drawings and parts list.
- Assist in the design and development, quality control, and design in order to meet product requirements.
- Correspond with PCB Manufacturers to identify and resolve any problems related to the design.
- Assist mechanical and electrical engineers with establishing physical and electrical parameters to meet packaging requirements.
- Assist Engineering Technical Teams in improving daily processes to minimize lead times and ensure product efficiency in alignment with NuWaves’ mission statement.
- Be flexible and adaptable in order to meet the tactical and strategic objectives of NuWaves.
- Operate within an AS9100 quality management system.
- Responsible for support documentation and proposed changes to PCBs.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in both schematic entry and PCB layout.
- Proficient in schematic symbols and PCB footprint creation.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work independently and within a group and team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with electrical and mechanical engineers.
- Must be detail-oriented, as well as able to achieve deadlines and results-driven.
- Must be able to interpret detailed engineering specifications.
- Displays problem solving/analysis.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
- IPC-A-610 or IPC-J-STD-001 certification is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Aerospace and Defense electronics is preferred, but not required.
Typical Education and Experience:
Two-year degree,specialty schools, and related experience is required. More than 3 years of experience using Cadence software: OrCAD Capture CIS, OrCAD PCB Editor, Allegro PCB Designer is preferred, but not required.
This position requires sitting for an extended period of time, lifting no more than 20 lbs., and frequent sitting and standing.
U.S. Citizenship is a requirement.
Equal opportunity employer. NuWaves Engineering considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.