Business Development Engineer
Cincinnati Area, Ohio
Employee Value Proposition: This position presents the opportunity to apply expertise in Business Development to support NuWaves’ primarily DoD projects, ultimately supporting the US Military. Opportunities exist within the Engineering Solutions dmain and across the company to increase knowledge, grow leadership skills, and continuously improve the business system.
General Summary: The Business Development Engineer’s overall objective is to successfully manage current, and create new customer relationships. This position assists with the definition of long-term strategic business development goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals, and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. Further, this position manages and executes the proposal process for Engineering Solutions, with an emphasis on high-technology, government contracts, including SBIRs, STTRs, BAAs, etc. Working closely with the Director of Engineering Solutions to achieve strategic outcomes, the Business Development Engineer provides tactical and strategic direction for all bid and proposal activities within the Engineering Solutions domain. The Business Development Engineer role requires an individual that is a self-starter, possesses a continuous improvement mentality, is detail-oriented, and has a deep understanding of the Aerospace and Defense market, specifically with regards to RF systems. This position is ideally suited for an RF Engineer or Project Manager seeking a new challenge in a business development role.
- Lead the writing of technical proposals, whitepapers, and other technical papers within 4 months.
- Analyze and develop relationships with key players in the Unmanned Systems, RF Engineering, Systems Sustainment, and Electronic Warfare markets upon hire.
- Maintain and develop corporate image and reputation, and protect and develop the company's brands via suitable PR and marketing activities and intellectual property management upon hire.
- Increase the overall productivity of the Engineering Solutions domain as evidenced by lower capture cost and higher win rate. Challenge the organization to strive for higher performance levels on an ongoing basis.
- Generate a working understanding of NuWaves’ business system within 60 days, with the goal of contributing to system improvements thereafter. This includes understanding the company strategy and working within NuWaves’ Quality Management System.
Typical Education and Experience: Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) or Electrical Engineering Technology (EET) or related field and 8-12 years’ experience.
Working Conditions: This position requires sitting for an extended period of time, lifting no more than 50 lbs., and frequent sitting and standing.
U.S. Citizenship is a requirement.U.S. EOE M/V/F/D