Cincinnati Area, Ohio
Employee Value Proposition: This position presents the opportunity to apply expertise in Manufacturing to support NuWaves’ quick-turn mastery. Opportunities exist within the Production Domain and across the company to increase knowledge, grow leadership skills, and continuously improve the business system.
General Summary: The Electronics Assembler works within the NuWaves Manufacturing team to support our quick-turn business system. The ideal individual has a variety of skills including soldering, PCB manufacturing, and hardware assembly. Certifications in IPC-A-610 and IPC-J-STD-001 preferred, but not required.
- IPC soldering, wiring and electronics requirements.
- Ability to communicate professionally with leadership, coworkers, and customers.
- Ability to work independently and meet managerial deadlines.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to organize daily tasks of self and others and to work as a team player.
- Ability to operate office and technological equipment and software.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office suite.
- Ability to multi-task
- Assemble printed circuit assemblies and perform inspections.
- Twist, bend, trim, strip, or file wire leads of components or ream holes in boards to insert wire leads.
- Install heat sinks, sockets, faceplates, and accessories on boards.
- Conduct kit pulls for manufacturing units.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Program Pick and Place machine, work the BGA re-work station, operate the semi-automatic Solder Paste Machine, and profile the PCB on the Reflow Oven within 90 days.
- Inspect to IPC/J-STD quality standards within 30 days upon training.
- Maintain required quality certifications.
- Work within project teams and deliver on tasks with efficiency, quality, and within schedule and time constraints.
- Work with engineers and project managers to ensure that work-product expectations are well defined, completely understood, and clearly communicated.
- Be flexible and adaptable in order to meet the tactical and strategic objectives.
- Maintain a high degree of motivation in team members to retain focus of providing highest levels of customer satisfaction – including direct customer communication and support.
- Follow verbal and written instructions, schematics, operation sheets, and technical instructions.
- Follow and improve quality procedures and inspection processes to produce defect-free work-product within 30 days.
- Generate a working understanding of NuWaves’ business system within 60 days, with the goal of contributing to system improvements thereafter. This includes understanding the company strategy and working within NuWaves’ Quality Management System.
Candidate is expected to have 3-5 years of relative experience in manufacturing/assembly of circuit cards. IPC certifications in soldering, electronic assemblies, and/or cable/wire harness assemblies greatly desired.
U.S. Citizenship is a requirement. EOE M/V/F/D