Senior Radio Frequency Design Engineer
Cincinnati Area, Ohio /
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at this company, or if you need reasonable
accommodation with the application process, please call (513)360-0800 or contact us at email@example.com.
This senior-level Engineering position requires 15+ years of Radio Frequency (RF) Engineering experience and thus is a subject-matter expert, assisting all RF Engineering efforts at NuWaves. This includes proposal and technical writing, circuit and system-level design, and leadership. The Senior Radio Frequency Design Engineer also works closely with customers and potential customers on business development efforts.
- Make sound decisions for system approaches and tradeoffs.
- Assist in improving daily processes to ensure the Engineering Technical Team meets customer requirements.
- Lead the RF Engineering Technical Teams to be a culture in alignment with NuWaves’ Culture statement.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and by writing, to Program Managers and to the Engineering Technical Team.
- Lead the Bid and Proposal (B&P) process by providing engineering cost estimates, technical writing that conveys competency, technical evaluation, engineering approaches, and detailed solutions.
- Write technical papers, white papers, status reports, and application notes that support NuWaves’ strategic and tactical plans.
- Be accountable to Program Managers in meeting deadlines and deliverables.
- Mentor junior RF engineers.
- Direct Engineering Technicians to effectively and proficiently complete project tasks.
- Work effectively with CAD engineers in capturing design details.
- Write test plans, reports, and system requirements.
- Lead the engineering teams and offer expertise in developing, implementing, and managing the overall engineering methodology. Drive new thoughts in approach, processes and methods.
- Interact with potential new business clients to conduct project feasibility, to determine their engineering needs, and to convey technical competency.
- Increase the overall productivity of the Engineering Services domain as evidenced by lower cost, higher quality solutions provided on-time. Challenge the organization to strive for higher performance levels.
- Develop customer relationships in pursuit of high-value RF engineering development projects.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Technical leadership in setting and accomplishing project tasks
- Proficient in the design of RF systems
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the design of specialized RF circuits and systems
- Broad yet expert knowledge and understanding of RF electrical circuits and systems
- Expert in the use Engineering Design Software tools (e.g. Genesys, AWR, SPICE)
- Complex problem solving/analysis
- Results-Driven Leadership
- Business Acumen
- Performance Management
- Communication Proficiency
Candidate is expected to have a Bachelor's degree in a related field plus 15+ years of RF module and/or RF Systems engineering experience.