Senior Radio Frequency Design Engineer
Cincinnati Area, Ohio /
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at this company, or if you need reasonable
accommodation with the application process, please call (513)360-0800 or contact us at email@example.com.
Employee Value Proposition: This position presents the opportunity to apply expertise in RF and Microwave Design to support NuWaves’ primarily DoD projects, ultimately supporting the US Military. Opportunities exist within the the Engineering domain and across the company to increase knowledge, grow leadership skills, and continuously improve the business system.
General Summary: This senior-level Engineering position requires 15+ years of Radio Frequency (RF) Engineering experience and thus is a subject-matter expert, assisting all RF Engineering efforts at NuWaves. This includes proposal and technical writing, circuit and system-level design, and leadership. The Senior Radio Frequency Design Engineer also works closely with customers and potential customers on business development efforts.
- Make sound decisions for system approaches and tradeoffs.
- Assist in improving daily processes to ensure the Engineering Technical Team meets customer requirements.
- Lead the RF Engineering Technical Teams to be a culture in alignment with NuWaves’ Culture statement.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and by writing, to Program Managers and to the Engineering Technical Team.
- Lead the Bid and Proposal (B&P) process by providing engineering cost estimates, technical writing that conveys competency, technical evaluation, engineering approaches, and detailed solutions.
- Write technical papers, white papers, status reports, and application notes that support NuWaves’ strategic and tactical plans.
- Be accountable to Program Managers in meeting deadlines and deliverables.
- Mentor junior RF engineers.
- Direct Engineering Technicians to effectively and proficiently complete project tasks.
- Work effectively with CAD engineers in capturing design details.
- Write test plans, reports, and system requirements.
- Lead the engineering teams and offer expertise in developing, implementing, and managing the overall engineering methodology. Drive new thoughts in approach, processes and methods.
- Interact with potential new business clients to conduct project feasibility, to determine their engineering needs, and to convey technical competency.
- Increase the overall productivity of the Engineering domain as evidenced by lower cost, higher quality solutions provided on-time. Challenge the organization to strive for higher performance levels.
- Develop customer relationships in pursuit of high-value RF engineering development projects.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Technical leadership in setting and accomplishing project tasks
- Proficient in the design of RF systems
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the design of specialized RF circuits and systems
- Broad yet expert knowledge and understanding of RF electrical circuits and systems
- Expert in the use Engineering Design Software tools (e.g. Genesys, AWR, SPICE)
- Complex problem solving/analysis
- Results-Driven Leadership
- Business Acumen
- Performance Management
- Communication Proficiency
Candidate is expected to have a Bachelor's degree in a related field plus 15+ years of RF module and/or RF Systems engineering experience.