Employee Value Proposition: This position presents the opportunity to apply expertise in Radio Frequency (RF) Engineering and Leadership to support NuWaves’ primarily DoD projects, ultimately supporting the US Military. Opportunities exist within the Engineering domain and Product Solutions domain across the company to increase knowledge, grow leadership skills, and continuously improve the business system.
General Summary: The Engineering Manager works closely with the Engineering Domain leadership, whether that is the VP of Engineering/CTO or other technical leads, in carrying out NuWaves’ short-term and long-term strategic goals for the Engineering Domain. The Engineering Manager assists in the management and day-to-day operations of the domain. This position is responsible for contributing to the success of the domain through supervisory relationships within the domain and cross-domain teamwork throughout the company.
- Supervise Engineering resources consisting of radio frequency and microwave design engineers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, software engineers, PCB designers, system engineers, support engineers, and engineering technicians.
- Lead the Engineering teams to be a culture in alignment with NuWaves’ Culture statement.
- Manage engineers by setting goals, providing coaching to improve performance of group members, conduct employee appraisals, and lead the team to the successful realization of goals.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with NuWaves’ policies and applicable laws.
- Perform responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Facilitate decision-making, resolve conflict, and build/optimize cross-functional team efforts.
- Lead the engineering teams and offer expertise in developing, implementing, and managing the overall engineering methodology. Drive new thoughts in approach, processes, and methods.
- Increase the overall productivity of the engineering organization as evidenced by lower cost, higher quality solutions provided on-time. Challenge the organization to strive for higher performance levels.
- Support Project Managers in conflict management with regards to engineering resources, design, specification, or quality problems.
- Interact with potential new business clients to conduct project feasibility and determine their engineering needs.
- Develop customer relationships in pursuit of high-value engineering development projects.
- Write technical papers, white papers, status reports, and application notes that support NuWaves’ strategic and tactical plans.
- Assist with the Bid and Proposal (B&P) process by providing engineering cost estimates, technical writing, technical evaluation, engineering approaches, and detailed solutions.
- Chair Design Reviews and work sessions.
- Train Engineers and Technicians on Processes, Procedures, and Best Practices.
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Performance Management
- Results Driven
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Writing
Typical Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), +8 years of Engineering and/or Systems experience
U.S. Citizenship is a requirement. EOE M/V/F/D