RF Filter Design Engineer
Employee Value Proposition: This position presents the opportunity to apply expertise in Radio Frequency (RF) Filter Design Engineering to support NuWaves’ primarily DoD projects, ultimately supporting the US Military. Opportunities exist within the Engineering domain and across the company to increase knowledge, grow leadership skills, and continuously improve the business system.
General Summary: NuWaves, a premier supplier of RF Systems, RF Products, and Engineering Design Services, is actively seeking talented and highly motivated RF Filter Design Engineers with 2 to 6 years of experience in RF circuit design to support Engineering Development. The Filter Design Engineer is responsible for the design and development of RF and microwave filters, components and subassemblies. Individuals must have knowledge of RF filters including bandpass, highpass, lowpass, bandreject, harmonic, cavity, miniature, and broadband preselectors. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical writing skills.
- Work within an integrated engineering team assisting in the design of NuWaves’ product development. Lead the design of passive RF filters within 12 months.
- Design RF (Radio Frequency) and Microwave Filters including element, cavity, or printed filters.
- Analyze a given RF, mechanical, and environmental specifications and propose and design the best solution.
- To perform device characterization and diagnostics using the latest RF/Microwave test equipment.
- Understand and specifies the machining, plating, manufacturing processes and assembly (including soldering) of lumped element, cavity filters, and printed filters.
- Utilize engineering principles and published techniques to research, design, develop and test RF and microwave filters.
- New product design for RF/Microwave market.
- Prepare design and process documentation including:
- Excellent communication skills, command of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Generate a working understanding of NuWaves’ business system within 60 days, with the goal of contributing to system improvements thereafter. This includes understanding the company strategy and working within NuWaves’ Quality Management System.
- Test procedures
- Select and specify components used in the design and production of the product
- Lead project design team for complex integrated assemblies
- Reviews technical specifications and prepares preliminary designs, in support of quotations and marketing activity
Typical Education and Experience: Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) or Electrical Engineering Technology (EET) or related field and 2-6 years of RF design experience.
Experience should include:
·Knowledge of relevant test equipment such as: RF and microwave network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and other relevant test and measurement equipment.
·Strong computer knowledge on the PC platform and knowledge of relevant software such as: RF simulation, electronics, non-linear analysis, circuit simulation tools such as AWR/MWO.
U.S. Citizenship is a requirement. EOE M/V/F/D