Applications Engineer, RF Products
Cincinnati Area, Ohio /
Product Advancement /
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at this company, or if you need reasonable
accommodation with the application process, please call (513)360-0800 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employee Value Proposition: This position presents the opportunity to apply expertise in Applications Engineering to support NuWaves’ primarily Radio Frequency products, ultimately supporting the US Military. Opportunities exist within the Product Advancement domain and across the company to increase knowledge, grow leadership skills, and continuously improve the business system.
General Summary: The Applications Engineer is responsible for understanding the functionality, application and internal circuitry of all NuWaves’ products. An individual that is successful in this position will work to find innovative solutions to improve manufacturability, lower costs, and create additional value for the customer. Working closely with the Product Advancement and Business Development teams, the Applications Engineer provides in-depth technical support to customers and supports new product introductions. Strong technical writing competency is a requirement for this position.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and by writing – including white papers, application notes, product datasheets, and other forms of technical writing.
- Ensure that all work is carried out and is in compliance with company design, quality and process standards.
- Assist with reviewing and approving engineering change notices for Products.
- Coordinate and create product requirements documents.
- Lead the compilation, analysis, and delivery of product test data to internal and external customers.
- Maintain product documentation such as test procedures, marketing data sheets, user manuals, and requirements.
- Propose and manage product updates.
- Support multiple domains with product roadmap development and implementation.
- Operate within an AS9100 quality management system.
- Travel to support products, such as conferences or customer visits.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- In-depth RF industry knowledge.
- Strong communication skills and execution techniques.
- Ability to lead and direct engineers and engineering technicians in product improvement efforts and product testing.
- Ability to lead and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Complex problem solving/analysis.
- Performance Management.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) and Adobe InDesign.
- Experience with Engineering software such as Labview, AWR, Genesys or equivalent.
- Knowledge of electronic component assembly is preferred but not required.
- Experience with RF Products such as Power Amplifiers, Upconverters, Downconverters, Low Noise Amplifiers is required.
Typical Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and 5+ years of RF Engineering experience desired.
Working Conditions: This position requires sitting for an extended period of time, lifting no more than 50 lbs., and frequent sitting and standing.
U.S. Citizenship is a requirement.