Information Systems Support Specialist
Cincinnati Area, Ohio
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at this company, or if you need reasonable
accommodation with the application process, please call (513)360-0800 or contact us at email@example.com.
Employee Value Proposition: This position presents the opportunity to apply expertise in Information Systems to support NuWaves’ primarily DoD projects, ultimately supporting the US Military. Opportunities exist within the Operations domain and across the company to increase knowledge, grow leadership skills, and continuously improve the business system.
General Summary: The Information Systems Support Specialist is an intermediate level position that is responsible for the day to day operations and tactical oversight of projects in Information Systems at NuWaves. This includes managing NuWaves’ technical assets, system infrastructure, compliance posture, and website development and maintenance. Additionally, this individual must effectively manage internal IT projects designed to sustain and improve the company within scope, cost, and schedule. This individual must be results-oriented, an excellent team-player, customer-focused, and have the ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Upon hire, be able to provide customer support for internal and external users of NuWaves’ Information Systems equipment in a friendly, solutions-oriented manner.
- Within 30 days, be integrated with NuWaves’ Business Development and Marketing team members to execute on tasks related to development and maintenance of NuWaves’ website.
- Within 60 days, understand the regulations and standards NuWaves’ must maintain compliance to, including NIST, GDPR, and Export Compliance/ITAR. Within 120 days, conduct risk assessment of compliance gaps. Within 6 months, achieve compliance.
- Within 60 days, manage NuWaves Information Systems infrastructure efficiently and effectively with limited down-time; includes SharePoint, Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, VMWare, Active Directory, Phone System, as well as department-specific ERP systems.
- Within 60 days, work closely with the Director of Operations to align Information Systems initiatives with NuWaves’ Strategic Plan, being cognizant of the organization’s overall budgetary constraints.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems, especially Windows 7, 8, and 10
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Knowledgeable in maintenance of Active Directory
- Knowledgeable in website development and maintenance (AWS, Wordpress)
- Ability to collect and maintain proprietary and sensitive data
- Ability to quickly respond to support tickets and provide friendly, solution-oriented support
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft platforms (Server, Exchange, SharePoint)
- Knowledge of business networking and the ability to troubleshoot networking issues for wired and wireless clients
- Ability to work independently to solve Information Systems issues
- IT Certifications preferred
Typical Education and Experience: Associate’s/Bachelor’s in related field preferred. 3-6 years work experience in Information Systems required.
U.S. Citizenship is a requirement.
Equal opportunity employer. NuWaves Engineering considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.