RF Engineering Technician
Cincinnati Area, Ohio
Employee Value Proposition: This position presents the opportunity to apply expertise in Radio Frequency (RF) technology to support NuWaves’ primarily DoD projects, ultimately supporting the US Military. Opportunities exist within the Engineering Services and Product Solutions domains to increase knowledge, grow leadership skills, and continuously improve the business system.
General Summary: NuWaves, a premier supplier of Radio Frequency (RF) Systems, RF Products, and Engineering Design Services, is actively seeking talented and highly motivated RF Engineering Technicians. This position is part of the product development team and supports testing and documentation processes in the design of new products, such as, RF power amplifiers, upconverters, downconverters, RF filters, and low noise amplifiers. Individuals in this position take direction from Engineers, Project Managers, Senior-level Technicians to test, characterize, and troubleshoot electronic circuits and systems through use of electronic equipment such as digital voltmeters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators, power meters, custom test equipment, etc. Soldering skills a plus.
- Test, debug, troubleshoot, and repair electronic assemblies to the component-level immediately.
- Interpret and maintain test and design documents to support the development of new products immediately.
- Work within the product development team and be accountable to deliver tasks with efficiency, quality, and within schedule immediately.
- Solder proficiently in accordance with J-STD-001 within a 3-month time period.
- Generate a working understanding of NuWaves’ business system within 60 days, with the goal of contributing to system improvements thereafter. This includes understanding the company strategy and working within NuWaves’ Quality Management System.
Typical Education and Experience: 1 to 6 years of experience in RF or defense industry or military communications background.
U.S. Citizenship is a requirement. EOEM/V/F/D