Technical Support Specialist (Contract-to-Hire)
Cincinnati Area, Ohio
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at this company, or if you need reasonable
accommodation with the application process, please call (513)360-0800 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Summary: The Technical Support Specialist is an entry level position that is responsible for the day to day operations of Information Systems at NuWaves. This includes managing NuWaves’ technical assets, including computers, servers, network equipment, copiers, etc. Additionally, the individual who fills this position is responsible for responding to and documenting support tickets, deploying, and dispositioning technical assets, as well as ensuring NuWaves stays compliant with various regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Customer support for internal and external users of NuWaves’ Information Systems equipment.
- Deploying, and dispositioning Information Systems equipment.
- SharePoint management including workflows, site deployment, permissions, etc.
- Maintain and review software licensing to ensure NuWaves is compliant with all applicable requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems, especially Windows 7, 8, and 10
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Ability to collect and maintain proprietary and sensitive data
- Ability to quickly respond to support tickets and provide friendly, solution-oriented support
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft platforms (Server, Exchange, SharePoint)
- Knowledge of business networking and the ability to troubleshoot networking issues for wired and wireless clients
- Ability to represent NuWaves’ culture and values through social media and website updates and posts
- Ability to work independently to solve Information Systems issues
- IT Certifications preferred
This position requires sitting for an extended period of time, lifting no more than 50 lbs., and frequent sitting and standing. May need to be available approximately once per month during off-business hours for critical Information Systems support.
U.S. Citizenship is a requirement.
Equal opportunity employer. NuWaves Engineering considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.