Senior Scientist, Genomics
Our mission is to develop transformational genetic medicines utilizing novel delivery technologies, with an emphasis on diseases with significant unmet medical need. Our team is advancing multiple innovative approaches to deliver a variety of therapeutic payloads, focusing initially on gene editing in therapeutically relevant cells and tissues. Our world class scientific founders include Professor David Liu (HHMI, Broad and Harvard) and Professor Keith Joung (Arena BioWorks, formerly MGH), and we are funded with a significant capital investment by leading life science venture capital firms including Newpath Partners, Atlas Venture, F-Prime Capital, and 5AM Ventures. We believe that our technology has the potential to positively impact patients suffering from severe genetic diseases, and we are committed to building an excellent, science-driven and diverse team that is passionate about making a difference. Nvelop Therapeutics is based in Cambridge, MA.
In this role you will lead a team of scientists and research associates with both exploratory research and service provider functions. You will prioritize samples for routine data processing and ensure best practices and high-quality results. You will direct development of novel molecular assays for platform characterization and evolution as well as to validate mechanistic hypotheses. You will provide expert molecular assay guidance and collaborate cross-functionally.
- Provide senior, strategic and technical, molecular biology leadership for platform and assay development
- Characterization to inform platform and product evolution
- Perform analysis of large-scale -omics datasets (e.g., RNASeq, Whole Exome/Genome Sequencing) and derive scientifically meaningful interpretations
- Collaborate with experimental teams in the iterative validation of platform improvements, mechanistic therapeutic hypotheses, and platform and product development
- Apply next-generation DNA and RNA sequencing and bioinformatics capability, and additional molecular approaches as appropriate, to provide enhanced understanding of nuclease-mediated gene-editing on- and off-target events; lead/ oversee the development of appropriate pipelines
- Demonstrate strong leadership, personal accountability and interpersonal skills, and capability for mentoring junior colleagues (direct reports and others); build strong teams and actively foster colleague engagement; and establish safe, high-quality lab practices
- Ensure high-quality, timely documentation in electronic laboratory notebooks and Technical Reports
- Maintain awareness of current state of the field
- Ph.D. with at least three years of relevant experience, ideally within the biotech or pharmaceutical industries
- B.A./B.S. in a scientific discipline with 8+ years of experience in relevant industries considered
- Deep knowledge and understanding of biology, preferably direct experience with gene editing, with proficiency in distilling complex scientific information from multiple sources into digestible and actionable analysis
- Substantial experience working with Next Generation Sequencing datasets, including RNAseq, scRNAseq, Whole-Genome, and Whole-Exome Sequencing
- Familiarity with contemporary cloud and high-performance computing environments.
- Expertise independently conducting and directing the design, execution, analysis, and documentation of novel analytical platforms for gene therapy products (i.e., on- and off-target analysis)
- Strong written and oral presentation skills enabling engagement with a wide range of audiences
Full time in-person work is necessary for our laboratory-based positions. We work in facilities that require that all individuals working on-site are vaccinated for COVID-19. Position Title and Salary will be commensurate with Experience
We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce and are committed to building a welcoming and supportive working environment. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.