Network Software Developer
Palo Alto, California /
Nyansa is a fast-growing innovator of advanced IT infrastructure analytics software based in Palo Alto, California. Founded in September 2013 by technology professionals from MIT, Meraki, Aruba Networks and Google, Nyansa is credited with developing the first cloud sourced, vendor-agnostic network analytics and IoT security platform, called Voyance.
We embrace simplicity and take following to heart on everything we do:
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." - Einstein
Nyansa is looking for an enthusiastic network software developer to help build a new, vendor-agnostic IT network analytics service purpose built for CIOs, network operations and helpdesk personnel managing heterogeneous enterprise environments. Our product, Voyance, is focused on the end user experience by helping IT staff gain new insights into client access conditions, network service behavior and enterprise applications issues that impact user performance.
Nyansa, Inc. is well funded and provides a competitive compensation package, stock options, benefits, catered lunch, and a fun work environment.
We’re located within a 1 min walk from the Palo Alto Caltrain station in a nice area of downtown Palo Alto. Team Nyansa is made of an awesome group of intellectual individuals who value hard work, but don't take themselves too seriously.
• Design and implement high performance network software applications
• Implement data collectors for new network infrastructure and application servers using a combination of vendor provided APIs, SNMP, and syslog
• Strong experience in C/C++ and Python
• Deep understanding of networking protocols including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Radius, and SNMP
• Experience with Wi-Fi technology stack
• Experience with multi-core/multi-thread programming
• High degree of competency working in Linux/Unix environment
• BS in CS or related field
• Proficiency in Java
• Working experience with Intel DPDK