Inside Systems Engineer - Bay Area, CA
San Francisco Bay Area
Nyansa is a fast-growing innovator of advanced IT analytics software technology based in Palo Alto, California. Founded in September 2013 by technology professionals from MIT, Meraki, Aruba Networks and Google, Nyansa is credited with developing the first cloud sourced, network analytics system, called Voyance.
We embrace simplicity and take following to heart on everything we do:
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." - Einstein
Nyansa is looking for a versatile Inside Systems Engineer (ISE) to join the team that is building a new, vendor-agnostic IT network analytics service purpose built for CIOs, network operations and helpdesk personnel managing heterogeneous enterprise environments. Our product is focused on the end user experience by helping IT staff gain new insights into client access conditions, network service behavior and enterprise applications issues that impact user performance.The company is well funded and provides competitive compensation package, stock options, benefits, catered lunch, and a fun work environment.
The ISE will support and assist the sales effort in driving Nyansa pipeline and cultivating partner relationships with key partners to help bring opportunities to closure. The position requires the ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate with our customer community to drive innovations to our product while enhancing our customer base.
Candidates will work with existing customers on reviewing customer environments through monthly data review calls. They will assist the customer in using and adopting the platform and will work collaboratively with the product team to drive enhancements towards customer success. The candidates will leverage customer success analytics platforms to identify where customers are deficient or proficient and taking appropriate option to either promote a customer success best practice or remediate a customer deficiency.
- 12-25% travel to customer partner site(s)
- Run demos, data review calls and monthly updates for customers and partners
- Supporting and driving successful Proof of Concepts (POCs) in support of key partners with target customers and prospects
- Provide specific solutions/technology/product consulting, technical and sales support for accounts and partners in assigned territory
- Participate in conferences and events related to Nyansa’s products and target market industries
- Develop, document, and share best practices of network design to be shared with Nyansa SE and partner SE community
- Collaborate with Nyansa’s product and engineering teams to track customer impacting issues and feature requests
- Provide presentations on Nyansa’s Roadmap Update- Competitive knowledge including solution, technology and product offerings
- 2+ years experience in pre-sales Systems Engineering in networking/security industry and BS/BA Degree
- Good understanding of various L2/L3 networking protocols and AAA protocols (RADIUS/802.1x)
- Familiar with one or more or the following: SAML, OAUTH, Rest-based APIs
- Experience with enterprise identity repositories (Active Directory, LDAP, SQL)
- One or more of ACMA, ACMP, CCNA, CCNP highly desired- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multitask and work independently
- Must be customer focused and have the ability to manage and resolve solutions to complex technical issues
- Outstanding communication skills in all forms: oral, written, presentations
- Familiar with the CRM platform Salesforce is also a plus
Location: The Bay Area or Austin, TX
Compensation$90K – $110K