Sales Engineer - Northeast Region
Nyansa is a fast-growing innovator of advanced IT analytics software technology based in Palo Alto, California. Founded in September 2013 by technology professionals from MIT, Meraki, Aruba Networks and Google, Nyansa is credited with developing the first cloud sourced, network analytics system, called Voyance.
We embrace simplicity and take following to heart on everything we do:
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." - Einstein
Nyansa is looking for a versatile Sales Engineer to join the team that is building a new, vendor-agnostic IT network analytics service purpose built for CIOs, network operations and helpdesk personnel managing heterogeneous enterprise environments. Our product is focused on the end user experience by helping IT staff gain new insights into client access conditions, network service behavior and enterprise applications issues that impact user performance. The company is well funded and provides competitive compensation package, stock options, benefits, catered lunch, and a fun work environment.
The Nyansa SE will support and assist in driving Nyansa pipeline and cultivating partner relationships with key partners to help bring opportunities to closure. The position requires the ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate to work with our customer community to drive innovations to our product while enhancing our customer base. Candidates must know how to gather the client data required to effectively tailor a solution. Use case based selling is a must, and candidates need to understand the various ways a solution may be delivered and have the ability to anticipate what will work best for a given client.
The role involves:
- 40% travel to customer partner site(s)Direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts.
- Run demos, data review calls and monthly updates for customers and partners
- Supporting and driving successful Proof of Concepts (POCs) in support of key partners with target customers and prospects
- Playing a role in the development and support of the bid and proposal (including RFP response), and presenting the solution to the prospect
- Provide specific solutions/technology/product consulting, technical and sales support for accounts and partners
- Participate in conferences and events related to Nyansa’s products and Nyansa target market industries
- Develop, document, and share best practices of network design to be shared with Nyansa SE and partner SE community
- Collaborate with Nyansa’s product and engineering teams to
- Provide presentations on Nyansa’s Roadmap Update
- Competitive knowledge including solution, technology and product offerings
Location: Rocky Mountain (Phoenix or Denver), Northeast (New England, NY/NJ) and Midwest Territories Available
Education or relevant experience:
- 8 plus years experience
- The preferred candidate will have experience with networking infrastructure and security technologies in all arenas.
- Pre-Sales Systems Engineering Experience required
- Typically requires BS/BA or equivalent- Strong networking experience, with sound understanding of various L2 / L3 protocols
- Strong Network Security experience required including ability to set advanced authentication behaviors/parameters in wired switches and wireless controllers for Aruba and Cisco products.
- Strong understanding and practical experience in AAA and related protocols (RADIUS/TACACS/802.1x)
- Experience with the following: SAML, OAUTH, Rest-based APIs experience is a plus
- Experience with enterprise identity repositories (Active Directory, LDAP, SQL)
- Experience with web based authentication and basic
- ACMX, ACMP, CCNP CCIE highly desirable and/or preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job experience required
- Minimum 5 years of infrastructure engineering 3+ years experience with successful pre-sales support
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be customer focused and have the ability to manage and resolve solutions to complex technical issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills, and ability to interface to senior levels of an organization is required- Ability to multitask and work independently