Palo Alto, California
Nyansa is a fast-growing innovator of advanced IT infrastructure analytics software based in Palo Alto, California. Founded in September 2013 by technology professionals from MIT, Meraki, Aruba Networks and Google, Nyansa is credited with developing the first cloud sourced, vendor-agnostic network analytics and IoT security platform, called Voyance.
We embrace simplicity and take following to heart on everything we do:
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." - Einstein
Nyansa is looking for a passionate security researcher to join our R&D team that develops the Voyance platform. Extending far beyond traditional infrastructure monitoring, Voyance is purpose-built for IoT, the enterprise edge, and modern mobile networks. Client and network data are collected and analyzed from the device to the application for both wireless and wired network access. The combination of big data analytics and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) provide a more efficient and automated way to integrate Operational Technology (OT) and IT over the IoT device lifecycle.
Nyansa, Inc. is well funded and provides a competitive compensation package, stock options, benefits, catered lunch, and a fun work environment.
We’re located within a 5 min walk from the Palo Alto Caltrain station in a nice area of downtown Palo Alto. Team Nyansa is made of an awesome group of intellectual individuals who value hard work, but don't take themselves too seriously.
• Research the latest IoT related threats, including vulnerability, exploit, malware, botnet, as well as improve products' coverages of these threats
• Actively engage and contribute to security communities through presentations, papers, blogs and contribution to CVEs
• Lead a customer incident response team
• Collaborate with team members to develop related security intelligence system and convert it into products
• Present your researches to public on company blog, industrial conferences or academic conferences
• 3+ years of experience as security researcher
• Strong self-motivation and problem solving abilities
• Deep understanding of vulnerability analysis, vulnerability mining and exploitation techniques
• Experience with reverse engineering in x86/x86_64, ARM and/or MIPS
• Familiar with Linux system internals or embedded Linux system development
• Familiar with Python, C, Bash, and/or Java/Scala
• BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Proven knowledge and experience with IoT firmware analysis or hardware security analysis
• Background knowledge with wireless network's architecture, protocols and security
• Knowledge and experience with botnet analysis or honeypot intelligence
• Experience of big data processing or machine learning
• Research papers, blogs or major conference talks