Business Development Representative
At Nylas, we’re building the future of communication—and enabling others to build on top of it. Our APIs enable developers to quickly integrate their apps with email, contacts, and calendar across all providers (including Exchange).
We are changing the way companies and developers innovate with e-mail and messaging. Customers like Salesloft, Pipedrive, and Lever use our cloud messaging APIs to power their products and accelerate their ability to innovate.
We’re quickly surpassing our goal and are looking for new team members who want to move quickly and outperform not only their peers, but themselves, on a consistent basis.
Nylas has raised over $30M from Spark Capital, 8VC, Data Collective, Fuel Capital, SV Angel and more. Our team is based in San Francisco and members have previously worked at Dropbox, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, and VMware.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to act as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers. Ideally, you have experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and outbound research. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you pass the conversation over to an AE. If you are motivated, results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Present our company to potential clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between prospective clients and Account Executives
- 1+ years of B2B/Enterprise/SaaS experience
- Desire to work within a quickly growing small team environment
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding quota goals
- Outbound sales and prospecting experience
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits for you and your family
- One Medical Membership
- $100 Monthly Rideshare Credit
- Catered lunch
- Unlimited vacation
- Mandatory 2 week consecutive vacation
- 16 weeks caregiver leave
- Gym membership
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited snacks
Nylas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and diversity of all kinds is important to us.
Our team is roughly equal by identified gender (including engineering) and focuses on creating an inclusive environment for all people. We welcome people from all different backgrounds and currently employ startup founders, college graduates from all over the country and the world, coding academy graduates, and even a professional dancer from the San Francisco Ballet.
We are actively and regularly working with the entire team to shape our culture in a conscious way to our ideal of empowerment, transparency, and kindness.