Lead Developer Evangelist - Marketing
We’re looking for a trailblazer to be the Lead Developer Evangelist at Nylas. In this role, you will serve as the official spokesperson, mediator and translator between the Nylas technical teams and the wider developer community.
Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, the ideal candidate is balance of master storyteller and technical guru and is adept at creating high-value, technical content that inspires, engages, and assists developers at all stages of the technology evaluation process, from discovery to implementation.
The Lead Developer Evangelist is an extremely high-profile role that places you at the helm of the Nylas brand and the ombudsman for the wider developer community. The ideal candidate is an expert communicator, passionate about building and sharing knowledge with developers, is highly personable, and technically savvy.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Serve as the official spokesperson and thought leader for Nylas and position the technology as the go-to solution in the communications API space.
- Own the strategy and execution of all developer marketing communications, content and collateral, including web content, blog posts, social media, and technical marketing assets (whitepapers, video tutorials, etc).
- Interact directly with the developer community via events (tradeshows, community meet-ups, coding bootcamps) and champion Nylas technology in bi-directional community channels.
- Be the in-house expert on industry trends related to security, APIs, and cloud communications as it pertains to developers.
- Build sample applications, demos, and code tutorials that closely match our target customer use cases. Publicly share the source code on Github, blog posts, and other developer channels.
- Become the in-house expert on industry trends related to security, APIs, and cloud communications as it pertains to developers.
- Explore new technologies that could change the way users adopt Nylas (like GraphQL) and work x-functionally with engineering and product teams on feature and roadmap development.
- Be an active and enthusiastic participant in language specific communities that are relevant to Nylas like Python, Ruby and Node and build meaningful relationships with key influencers to help amplify the Nylas voice to a larger audience.
- 5+ years total professional experience with a minimum of 3 years experience in a technical marketing or developer support-related role.
- Strong technical acumen; you can read and write code in at least two different languages (Python and one other).
- Expertise in managing and updating technical documentation to make them even more comprehensible and user-friendly.
- Excellent communication skills; you have a knack for translating highly complex subject matter into succinct, easy to understand content pieces and collateral that are compelling, memorable, and captivating.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, start-up environment with aggressive deadlines and a high level of ambiguity.
- Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute.
- Proactive and creative problem-solver with exceptional EQ, communication skills, and ability to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships up, down, and across the organization.
- Willingness to wear multiple hats, and able to deliver high-quality results in a rapidly-changing business environment.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits for you and your family
- One Medical Membership
- $100 Monthly Rideshare Credit
- Catered lunch
- Unlimited vacation
- 16 weeks caregiver leave
- Gym membership
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited snacks