New York, NY
New York Media energizes people around shared interests, igniting important conversations with a cosmopolitan point of view and providing the map to shrewdly navigate a fast-moving culture. We want to be a beloved habit for people around the world, with groundbreaking journalism at our core. By connecting our consumers to indispensable content and experiences, our media becomes the starting point from which we can provide innovative offerings across multiple platforms.
The Editorial team is at the core of everything New York Media does. Our team strikes the perfect balance of content that’s smart and funny so that our readers know everything they need to know to navigate a fast-moving culture, whether that’s up-to-date information on political events, cultural developments, fashion trends, or the latest scientific breakthroughs.
- Update a selection of top-trafficked stories with alternative links that speak to the Strategist sensibility
- Find most convincing and editorially engaging reviews on Amazon for select People's Choice posts
- Create themed "hub" pages aggregating specific Strategist content in one landing page
- Refresh content around the Strategist site on the top navigation bar and right rails
- Pitch and write occasional "This Thing's Incredible" stories on a favorite purchase
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field, or currently enrolled in a bachelor's program
- Familiarity with digital publishing tools preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of the online shopping-sphere preferred
- Understanding or willingness to learn the Strategist's voice and approach to service journalism
New York Media is a place where you can be yourself and make an impact. Our team members are creative and collaborative, and we want to be just as engaged and diverse as our audience. We know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is crucial in maintaining our strength as a prominent media organization.
We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.