Sr. Producer, Digital Video
New York, NY
New York Media energizes people around shared interests, igniting important conversations with a cosmopolitan point of view and providing the map to shrewdly navigate a fast-moving culture. We want to be a beloved habit for people around the world, with groundbreaking journalism at our core. By connecting our consumers to indispensable content and experiences, our media becomes the starting point from which we can provide innovative offerings across multiple platforms.
The Editorial team is at the core of everything New York Media does. Our team strikes the perfect balance of content that’s smart and funny so that our readers know everything they need to know to navigate a fast-moving culture, whether that’s up-to-date information on political events, cultural developments, fashion trends, or the latest scientific breakthroughs.
New York Media is going through an exciting evolution in its Video strategy and is building a team of video enthusiasts to help drive our onsite Video model. The successful candidate for this role will serve as a member of the small and dynamic Video leadership team, acting as editorial lead for the News Video team.
- Manage Producers on the News Team
- Manage all news video content across New York Media’s verticals, including the up-to-the-minute news and service website nymag.com; the entertainment-and-culture news site Vulture; the fashion-and-lifestyle site the Cut; and our politics coverage through Daily Intelligencer
- Ideate both original news pieces and quick-turn video content across all New York Media sites
- Foster strong, collaborative partnerships across the Editorial team
- Build and foster a strong news video brand in line with editorial at large
- Strong editorial judgment and journalistic decision making capacity
- 4+ years producing digital video for a high volume online journalistic platform
- Impeccable and broad current events knowledge across entertainment, pop culture, and politics
- Management experience preferred
- Strong writing and text editing skills
- Video editing skills strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of how to make and distribute effective online content
- Passion and interest to tell stories intelligently, and with a sense of humor and perspective
New York Media is a place where you can be yourself and make an impact. Our team members are creative and collaborative, and we want to be just as engaged and diverse as our audience. We know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is crucial in maintaining our strength as a prominent media organization.
We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.