New York, NY
New York Media energizes people around shared interests, igniting important conversations with a cosmopolitan point of view and providing the map to shrewdly navigate a fast-moving culture. We want to be a beloved habit for people around the world, with groundbreaking journalism at our core. By connecting our consumers to indispensable content and experiences, our media becomes the starting point from which we can provide innovative offerings across multiple platforms.
The Editorial team is at the core of everything New York Media does. Our team strikes the perfect balance of content that’s smart and funny so that our readers know everything they need to know to navigate a fast-moving culture, whether that’s up-to-date information on political events, cultural developments, fashion trends, or the latest scientific breakthroughs.
The Strategist writer is a service journalist who will write authoritative stories for our shopping/eCommerce site, The Strategist. The website, an offshoot of the magazine’s award-winning print section of the same name, offers readers rigorously-vetted articles to help navigate the vast online shopping landscape.
- Conceive, report, and write useful and often expert-driven shopping-related articles on a daily basis
- Spearhead one or two large-scale reporting projects a year
- Closely follow shopping trends and news, and pitch relevant stories
- Monitor sales and deals that are relevant to our readers
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by editors
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum two years writing and reporting experience required
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the online shopping-sphere, across all categories (fashion, beauty, homewares, gadgets, kitchen, etc.)
- Experience working for an online publication
- Strong familiarity of SEO practices preferred
New York Media is a place where you can be yourself and make an impact. Our team members are creative and collaborative, and we want to be just as engaged and diverse as our audience. We know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is crucial in maintaining our strength as a prominent media organization.
We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.