Podcast Producer, the Cut
New York, NY
New York Media energizes people around shared interests, igniting important conversations with a cosmopolitan point of view and providing the map to shrewdly navigate a fast-moving culture. We want to be a beloved habit for people around the world, with groundbreaking journalism at our core. By connecting our consumers to indispensable content and experiences, our media becomes the starting point from which we can provide innovative offerings across multiple platforms.
The Editorial team is at the core of everything New York Media does. Our team strikes the perfect balance of content that’s smart and funny so that our readers know everything they need to know to navigate a fast-moving culture, whether that’s up-to-date information on political events, cultural developments, fashion trends, or the latest scientific breakthroughs.
The Cut is looking for a creative, self-motivated person to join an exciting new audio project that is in its early stages of development. As one of the first producers on this show, you’ll have a unique opportunity to help shape its vision and execution. The ideal candidate is a flexible and positive team member who is up-to-date on the issues that matter to women most -including politics, culture, feminism, fashion, work, money, relationships, equality, and mental health.
- Scour the Internet for story ideas
- Book, prep, produce, and edit interviews with the show’s host
- Structure and write show segments and episodes
- Direct host voicing and edit tracks
- Coordinate external help (researchers, transcribers, etc.)
- Coordinate travel arrangements and studio logistics
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager
- 1-2 years of audio production experience
- A strong sense of, and interest in, cultural conversations online
- Experience with ProTools audio editing software required
- Ability to pitch and execute story ideas with tight turnaround times
- Ability to identify the best, most exciting moments in an interview
- An interest in thinking creatively about and pushing the boundaries of traditional audio formats
- A collaborative style, and the ability to receive and implement feedback
- Experience with weekly radio production is a big plus!
New York Media is a place where you can be yourself and make an impact. Our team members are creative and collaborative, and we want to be just as engaged and diverse as our audience. We know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is crucial in maintaining our strength as a prominent media organization.
We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.