National Advertising Director
New York, NY
Sales & Marketing
New York Media energizes people around shared interests, igniting important conversations with a cosmopolitan point of view and providing the map to shrewdly navigate a fast-moving culture. We want to be a beloved habit for people around the world, with groundbreaking journalism at our core. By connecting our consumers to indispensable content and experiences, our media becomes the starting point from which we can provide innovative offerings across multiple platforms.
New York Media’s products are the perfect platforms to connect our readers with brands they’ll love. The Sales & Marketing team is passionate about working with our clients to help them find and create the best advertising and custom content solutions, and the marketing partnerships we build help enable New York Media’s growth.
- Directly manage and drive media sellers to meet their assigned revenue targets.
- Liaise with key stakeholders in Sales Marketing as needed to ensure client needs are met and managed within budget.
- Facilitate Corporate Contract Negotiations
- Leverage industry knowledge and connections to support new and existing business efforts.
- Work with media sellers and Sales Management to monitor and manage pipeline, upcoming opportunities, budgets, productivity etc.
- Other responsibilities as needed by manager and/or supervisor.
- 7+ years of cross-platform/integrated advertising sales experience, with an emphasis on digital media
- 2+ years of sales management experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Ability to prioritize goals and re-orient priorities in a fluid, dynamic sales environment required.
- Must demonstrate a strong ability to analyze and present account, category, marketplace, and performance data
- Experience with pipeline management and forecasting
- Deep client and agency relationships
- Strong sales development skills to break new accounts
- Exceptional prospecting skills
- Exemplary interpersonal, technical, verbal, and written communication skills
New York Media is a place where you can be yourself and make an impact. Our staff is purposeful, action-oriented, creative, and collaborative, and we want to be just as engaged and diverse as our audiences. We know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is critical to our impact and success.
We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.