New York, NY
Sales & Marketing
New York Media energizes people around shared interests, igniting important conversations with a cosmopolitan point of view and providing the map to shrewdly navigate a fast-moving culture. We want to be a beloved habit for people around the world, with groundbreaking journalism at our core. By connecting our consumers to indispensable content and experiences, our media becomes the starting point from which we can provide innovative offerings across multiple platforms.
New York Media’s products are the perfect platforms to connect our readers with brands they’ll love. The Sales & Marketing team is passionate about working with our clients to help them find and create the best advertising and custom content solutions, and the marketing partnerships we build help enable New York Media’s growth.
New York Media is currently seeking an experienced Copywriter to join our in-house Creative Services department. The role is responsible for working with individuals from other teams and some external clients to create material used in a variety of print and digital platforms.
- Writing, editing and proofing copy for digital, print, social marketing projects.
- Projects include sales/media kit materials, in-book special advertising sections, house ads, sales decks, presentations and event marketing materials.
- Understand and maintain brand voice for portfolio of properties.
- Generate strong, compelling tag lines to support overall marketing strategies.
- Overall quality control/editing/proofing, creating/maintaining production schedules, coordinating client approvals.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager or supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Communications, Advertising/Marketing, Journalism, English, or related Writing degree
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in an agency or in-house creative department
- Creativity, passion for our ad products, and flexibility in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, independent, and well organized
- Demonstrated ability in developing/building a variety of brand personalities
- Ability and willingness to take direction, to be flexible under pressure, to change priorities quickly when necessary and to handle multiple, competing deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with Integrated Marketing, Branded Content, Social Media, Events, Art, Research, Editorial, and Sales staffs, as well as other support departments
- Experience with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint essential
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop a plus
- Publishing/media experience a plus
New York Media is a place where you can be yourself and make an impact. Our staff is purposeful, action-oriented, creative, and collaborative, and we want to be just as engaged and diverse as our audiences. We know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is critical to our impact and success.
We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.