Designer, Branded Content
New York, NY
Sales & Marketing
New York Media energizes people around shared interests, igniting important conversations with a cosmopolitan point of view and providing the map to shrewdly navigate a fast-moving culture. We want to be a beloved habit for people around the world, with groundbreaking journalism at our core. By connecting our consumers to indispensable content and experiences, our media becomes the starting point from which we can provide innovative offerings across multiple platforms.
New York Media’s products are the perfect platforms to connect our readers with brands they’ll love. The Sales & Marketing team is passionate about working with our clients to help them find and create the best advertising and custom content solutions, and the marketing partnerships we build help enable New York Media’s growth.
This role works with others in the Branded Content studio to create custom stories with our advertising partners.
- Help conceptualize, design, and create custom stories for our advertising partners, from simple article pages, to fully custom, one-off, multimedia features.
- Play a lead role in determining a story’s layout, creating mockups for proposals, and creating the look and feel of all story visuals.
- Solve other design challenges, including infographics, design for video, and other one-offs that haven’t been dreamed up yet.
- Create designs for digital ad units, including rich media ads and high-impact takeovers.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager or supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years in design role in an agency, publisher or client setting. Experience working with branded content is preferred.
- Strong design foundation and understanding of the principles of typography and layout.
- Well-versed in responsive design.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop.
- Experience working with a variety of brands, including beauty/fashion brands, is preferred.
- Basic video editing ability required; motion design experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of HTML5/CSS capabilities and limitations.
New York Media is a place where you can be yourself and make an impact. Our staff is purposeful, action-oriented, creative, and collaborative, and we want to be just as engaged and diverse as our audiences. We know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is critical to our impact and success.
We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.