New York, NY
New York Media energizes people around shared interests, igniting important conversations with a cosmopolitan point of view and providing the map to shrewdly navigate a fast-moving culture. We want to be a beloved habit for people around the world, with groundbreaking journalism at our core. By connecting our consumers to indispensable content and experiences, our media becomes the starting point from which we can provide innovative offerings across multiple platforms.
Great design is crucial to our ability to connect with our readers, so the Design team plays an important role in what New York Media creates. We dedicate ourselves to ensuring that our publications are engaging to read and maintain a seamless user experience.
We're seeking a graphic designer to join our in-house Integrated Creative Services department. Under the guidance of the Creative Director, the Designer is a critical part of the Design team and is responsible for working with internal and external clients to design both print and digital collateral that is consistent with our brand image.
- Designing and executing sales materials, websites, email blasts, ad campaigns (both print and digital), advertorials, invitations, signage, presentations and corporate materials.
- Pre-flighting files for press and liaising with New York magazine’s production department.
- Assisting in the development of identity systems and related collateral for our annual signature events.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager or supervisor.
- BA in Graphic Design or similar degree required
- 2+ of experience in a design studio, agency or in-house creative department
- Strong design foundation and understanding of the principles of typography and layout
- Expert-level knowledge of Adobe CC applications
- Experience with print production preferred
- Must be detail-oriented, independent and well organized with a blend of technical and conceptual skills
- Should thrive in an energetic environment and have the ability to make judgment calls and to respond tactfully in all situations.
- Understanding of Adobe Premeire, After Effects or other motion graphics or video editing applications a major plus
- Experience with presentation software such as Powerpoint and Keynote plus
New York Media is a place where you can be yourself and make an impact. Our staff is purposeful, action-oriented, creative, and collaborative, and we want to be just as engaged and diverse as our audiences. We know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is critical to our impact and success.
We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.