Data Scientist, Consumer Revenue
New York, NY
New York Media energizes people around shared interests, igniting important conversations with a cosmopolitan point of view and providing the map to shrewdly navigate a fast-moving culture. We want to be a beloved habit for people around the world, with groundbreaking journalism at our core. By connecting our consumers to indispensable content and experiences, our media becomes the starting point from which we can provide innovative offerings across multiple platforms.
The Audience Development team engages with and grows the number of people who read and subscribe to our products. New York Media is growing more now than ever before, and we combine our eye for data analytics and our passion for marketing to understand and develop on-going relationships with our core audience.
The data scientist will support our growing Direct Consumer Revenue team. This role will work collaboratively across multiple functions to develop tools and resources that leverage insights and data to inform our marketing strategy.
- Create robust marketing reporting enabling an environment of rapid test and learn and ongoing optimization.
- Develop onboarding and optimization of predictive models within marketing strategy.
- Provide deep-dive insights, strategic and tactical recommendations to improve marketing effectiveness.
- Develop test design, targeting and audience segmentation recommendations to support right offer, right customer, right time marketing strategy.
- Additional responsibilities as needed by manager or supervisor.
- 3 years of experience in an agency or in-house analytics role, ideally in marketing
- Masters Degree in relevant field
- Strong understanding of marketing and customer segmentation tactics
- Experience in one or more marketing channels (email, direct mail, FB), with understanding of how to measure & optimize
- Intermediate to advanced-level experience in Google Analytics or similar web analytics platform
- Intermediate to advanced-level experience in Excel and 3rd party measurement platform
- Intermediate to advanced-level experience in SQL and Tableau/other BI tools
- Experience setting up and distilling insights from experimental lift testing (Creative, A/B, segment)
- Familiarity with correlation analysis, t-testing, and regression-based forecasting preferred
New York Media is a place where you can be yourself and make an impact. Our staff is purposeful, action-oriented, creative, and collaborative, and we want to be just as engaged and diverse as our audiences. We know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is critical to our impact and success.
We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.