New York, NY
New York Media energizes people around shared interests, igniting important conversations with a cosmopolitan point of view and providing the map to shrewdly navigate a fast-moving culture. We want to be a beloved habit for people around the world, with groundbreaking journalism at our core. By connecting our consumers to indispensable content and experiences, our media becomes the starting point from which we can provide innovative offerings across multiple platforms.
The Editorial team is at the core of everything New York Media does. Our team strikes the perfect balance of content that’s smart and funny so that our readers know everything they need to know to navigate a fast-moving culture, whether that’s up-to-date information on political events, cultural developments, fashion trends, or the latest scientific breakthroughs.
We're looking for a daily news and politics writer for Daily Intelligencer, the absolute best place to find out not just what's going on in the news, but how to think about it.
- Conceive and write one or more stories per day focusing on national politics, with an emphasis on timeliness, insight, and original analysis
- Pitch and write ambitious longer-term features while still covering day-to-day developments
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager or supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of experience in media/journalism required, preferably including writing about politics in a digital and fast-paced environment
- Deep knowledge of national politics
- Interest in, and knowledge of, broader news topics including tech and business
- Comfort analyzing, reporting out, and responding quickly to news stories
- Ability to write clean copy on short turnaround
- Ability to multi-task between multiple stories of varying time horizons concurrently
- Ability to quickly generate original angles on breaking news stories
- Confident, entertaining writing voice
New York Media is a place where you can be yourself and make an impact. Our team members are creative and collaborative, and we want to be just as engaged and diverse as our audience. We know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is crucial in maintaining our strength as a prominent media organization.
We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.