Freelance Social Video Producer/Editor
Sales & Marketing
New York Media energizes people around shared interests, igniting important conversations with a cosmopolitan point of view and providing the map to shrewdly navigate a fast-moving culture. We want to be a beloved habit for people around the world, with groundbreaking journalism at our core. By connecting our consumers to indispensable content and experiences, our media becomes the starting point from which we can provide innovative offerings across multiple platforms.
New York Media’s products are the perfect platforms to connect our readers with brands they’ll love. The Sales & Marketing team is passionate about working with our clients to help them find and create the best advertising and custom content solutions, and the marketing partnerships we build help enable New York Media’s growth.
New York Media’s branded content studio is seeking to grow our network of remote freelance social video producers/editors for work on a project basis. In addition to your resume and cover letter, please provide a link to your social-only video reel and/or 3-5 examples of your work created for Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and/or YouTube.
- Creating, shooting, editing, and producing for branded video on behalf of advertising partners
- Work with talent to shoot in-studio or on-location in NYC
- Approach editing with a social-first sensibility, both from a storytelling perspective (front-loading most compelling content, telling the story in as little time as possible, use of text overlays and subtitles to communicate narrative in a largely sound-off environment) and design (specs geared for mobile consumption on specific platforms)
- Craft clear, concise text overlays and subtitles and mirror site-specific editorial tone and visual aesthetic.
- Animating supplied content (video, stills, stock images) into social friendly videos with clear, concise text overlays and/or subtitles that tell a story in a largely sound-off environment
- Make supplied assets come to life in creative and interesting executions that will capture attention and drive users to share
- Work can be done remotely, interfacing virtually with staffers at NYM’s HQ.
- Social-first video experience working for a publisher and/or digital content creator
- Experience creating for Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube
- Experience with motion graphics/animation and scripting
- Experience creating video for brands and understanding the nuances of creating brand-friendly work
- Strong sense of pace and timing (telling a lot in a little amount of time) and awareness of what captures attention on social
- Ability to deliver content per agreed-upon formats/specs, meet deadlines, and communicate any creative changes or unexpected delays in advance
- Knowledge of ever-changing social landscape; passion for social media and content creation
New York Media is a place where you can be yourself and make an impact. Our staff is purposeful, action-oriented, creative, and collaborative, and we want to be just as engaged and diverse as our audiences. We know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is critical to our impact and success.
We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.