Producer, Digital Video
New York, NY
New York Media energizes people around shared interests, igniting important conversations with a cosmopolitan point of view and providing the map to shrewdly navigate a fast-moving culture. We want to be a beloved habit for people around the world, with groundbreaking journalism at our core. By connecting our consumers to indispensable content and experiences, our media becomes the starting point from which we can provide innovative offerings across multiple platforms.
The Editorial team is at the core of everything New York Media does. Our team strikes the perfect balance of content that’s smart and funny so that our readers know everything they need to know to navigate a fast-moving culture, whether that’s up-to-date information on political events, cultural developments, fashion trends, or the latest scientific breakthroughs.
We are looking for a sharp, creative video producer curious about the world around them and with a passion for telling stories in a digital medium. As a leader on our Productions team you will shoot, edit, write, and otherwise produce many ambitious videos per week in collaboration with the team.
- Create news video content across New York Media’s verticals, including the up-to-the-minute news and service website nymag.com; the entertainment-and-culture news site Vulture; the fashion-and-lifestyle site the Cut; and our politics coverage through Daily Intelligencer
- Ideate both original news pieces and quick-turn video content across all New York Media sites
- Foster strong, collaborative partnerships across the Editorial team
- Build and foster a strong news video brand in line with editorial at large
- 3+ years making digital video for a high volume site.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere (required) and Adobe After Effects (preferred).
- Experience with shooting and lighting required.
- Strong writing skills.
- Keen news and story sense (journalism experience preferred).
- A sense of humor, and desire to tell stories with perspective.
- Knowledge of entertainment, digital culture, style, food, and the science of everyday life, among other things.
- Creativity, and a can-do attitude.
- A readiness to tell stories across a wide variety of subjects.
- A collaborative sense and willingness to work with others on multiple projects.
- A drive to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
New York Media is a place where you can be yourself and make an impact. Our team members are creative and collaborative, and we want to be just as engaged and diverse as our audience. We know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is crucial in maintaining our strength as a prominent media organization.
We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.