Associate Director, Consumer Marketing
New York, NY
New York Media energizes people around shared interests, igniting important conversations with a cosmopolitan point of view and providing the map to shrewdly navigate a fast-moving culture. We want to be a beloved habit for people around the world, with groundbreaking journalism at our core. By connecting our consumers to indispensable content and experiences, our media becomes the starting point from which we can provide innovative offerings across multiple platforms.
The Audience Development team engages with and grows the number of people who read and subscribe to our products. New York Media is growing more now than ever before, and we combine our eye for data analytics and our passion for marketing to understand and develop on-going relationships with our core audience.
This is a critical role that will own strategy, marketing, product, and tactics for all retention-related initiatives. Customer retention is at the heart of our business, and this position will have wide-ranging responsibilities aimed at driving loyalty among our customers.
- Own end-to-end experience for current members, from conception to launch to analysis, building loyalty and retention from day one.
- Create and optimize cross-channel campaigns and engagement tactics that drive customer retention improving loyalty and maximizing revenue.
- Drive in-depth analyses to inform subscriber retention trends & drivers and provide executive level insights.
- Define our multichannel marketing strategy across a variety of platforms and media channels.
- Develop lifecycle marketing strategy for our readers users including onboarding, engagement, and re-engagement programs.
- Additional responsibilities as needed by manager or supervisor.
- 5 years of retention marketing experience in lifecycle programs, segmentation, and automation strategy, ideally direct to consumer marketing experience
- 1-3 years of experience in the CRM space
- Experience in manipulating data, investigating data problems, and development of reports/dashboards with a strong conceptual/analytical/creative mind.
- Experience with the entire process of automated outbound and inbound marketing (e.g., lead scoring/nurturing/routing, campaign development and management, landing page and form building and optimization, and reporting/analytics).
New York Media is a place where you can be yourself and make an impact. Our staff is purposeful, action-oriented, creative, and collaborative, and we want to be just as engaged and diverse as our audiences. We know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is critical to our impact and success.
We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.