New York, NY
New York Media energizes people around shared interests, igniting important conversations with a cosmopolitan point of view and providing the map to shrewdly navigate a fast-moving culture. We want to be a beloved habit for people around the world, with groundbreaking journalism at our core. By connecting our consumers to indispensable content and experiences, our media becomes the starting point from which we can provide innovative offerings across multiple platforms.
The Editorial team is at the core of everything New York Media does. Our team strikes the perfect balance of content that’s smart and funny so that our readers know everything they need to know to navigate a fast-moving culture, whether that’s up-to-date information on political events, cultural developments, fashion trends, or the latest scientific breakthroughs.
The Art Assistant serves as a general assistant to the print art department, including acting as a junior designer with appropriate design responsibilities.
- Responsible for a variety of administrative tasks, including filing invoices, maintaining budget flash sheets, organizing and gathering materials for annual design competitions, scheduling meetings & appointments, and running occasional errands.
- Design section layouts under the direction of senior design team.
- Research visual ideas and build mood boards for editorial projects.
- Maintain each issue’s mini layout wall.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager or supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual art, or communication design
- 0-2 years of experience (internships encouraged), preferably editorial or a studio setting
- A keen eye for detail and love of graphic design, typography, and art
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) required
- Strong organizational skills required
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment
New York Media is a place where you can be yourself and make an impact. Our team members are creative and collaborative, and we want to be just as engaged and diverse as our audience. We know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is crucial in maintaining our strength as a prominent media organization.
We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.