Director of Product Management
United States /
Product Managers at nZero are responsible for the product discovery, strategy, development, and communication of key product lines. They are customer focused and responsible for ensuring development teams are always building the highest value items for the customer and the business. They sit at the intersection of many different stakeholders and will be responsible for driving collaboration among product, design, engineering, and business functions.
Reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer, this position will scope, prioritize, and deliver high-value customer experiences through cross-functional collaboration & team management.
- Product Ownership: Product Managers at nZero are expected to own all aspects of a product from discovery through delivery. They should be just as comfortable formulating product hypotheses as they are at communicating delivery timelines. They should feel confident operating autonomously but open to seeking support when needed.
- Product Knowledge: Product Managers at nZero must be the subject matter experts of their product. They are expected to know the product inside and out, be confidently demoing & discussing their product, and be the go-to source of product knowledge for stakeholders. Simply put, they should know the product better than anyone else.
- Product Discovery: Product Managers at nZero work with cross-functional teams to scope, define, and run structured product discovery. We believe ideas come from many different sources & it is the responsibility of our product managers to discover, capture, and refine those ideas by working with internal and external stakeholders. They are expected to be focused on customer problems and comfortable testing hypotheses to solve those problems.
- Product Communication: Product Managers at nZero are confident in communicating all aspects of their product and the roadmap to internal and external stakeholders. Things move fast and their ability to efficiently and effectively communicate is critical to the success of their product. They must influence effectively and appropriately across the organization through their communication.
- Product Curiosity: Product Managers at nZero work in a fast-paced environment where industry trends and innovations change at a rapid pace. They must always be curious, thrive in an ambiguous environment, and constantly be searching for opportunities to expand their product & industry knowledge. Having an experimentation mindset is a must, not a nice one to have.
- Experience owning a product and all end to end product management responsibilities of the planning & development process. Ideally haven taken a product through the various stages of ideation, development, launch, and refinement
- Ability to define business & customer requirements and refine them through customer & product discovery
- Experience working on technical products, including proficiency in communicating engineering concepts and structures with development teams
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple business units including but not limited to sales, operations, engineering, design, and marketing
- Experience with product strategy, prioritization, and roadmap generation, including an ability to clearly communicate the “why” behind decisions Utilizes data (both qualitative and quantitative) when making decisions and communicating the reasoning behind themIs comfortable developing a short, mid, and long term roadmap that aligns to the larger product strategy
- Familiarity with agile & scrum practices, having direct experience in a product owner scrum role and a track record of executing efficiently in this area
nZero is a near real-time (NRT) carbon data and sustainability platform that gives NGOs, government agencies and organizations the accurate emissions data they need to reach net zero, communicate their story, and make smart decisions that benefit the health of the planet. Unlike carbon management offerings who rely on third-party data and opaque averages, nZero gathers accurate, first-party, contextual data into a comprehensive view, making it simple for organizations to pinpoint opportunities within their operations to implement carbon reduction actions and spend smarter along the way. nZero's awards and recognitions include the Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN) Existing Industry 2022 "Leader in Sustainability" Award, Business Intelligence Group's 2022 Sustainability Product of the Year Award, a place on TIME Magazine's 2022 Best Inventions List in the Sustainability Category, as well as an honorable mention on Fast Company's 2022 World-Changing Ideas List