Data Architect - Platform
United States /
nZero is looking for a Data Architect to help design, develop, and maintain our data infrastructure for a distributed data capture system and associated processing pipelines. nZero’s carbon management platform integrates and synchronizes with a wide variety of third-party emissions-related data sources, including electrical and gas utilities, fleet telematics providers as well as accounting and procurement systems, in order to automatically capture near-real-time emissions data for our customers. As our platform and customer base grow, you will help to extend the capabilities of our current data architecture across various internal systems and ensure that our carbon accounting platform is responsive to the business needs of a fast-growing start-up company.
You will play a key role in supporting a major evolution of our SAAS product—moving from our current MVP into tracking, forecasting, and reporting Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) goals for a range of customers across industries and cities. You will work closely with our Product and Engineering departments to ensure our data solutions meet the needs of our current and future customers.
- Design and implement a scalable, secure, and efficient data architecture that can handle large volumes of data from multiple sources
- Collaborate with Engineering to develop and maintain data pipelines, ETL processes, and data warehouses
- Work closely with Product to understand data requirements and ensure data solutions are aligned with business objectives
- Develop and maintain data models, schema designs, and data dictionaries
- Ensure data quality and accuracy through data governance and sound data management practices
- Provide technical guidance and support to other team members on data-related issues
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies and trends in data management and analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or strong work experience in a related technology
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Architect or similar role
- Strong experience with services such as Prefect, Apache Airflow, S3, Redshift, Athena, and Glue
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Action Oriented: You are driven by a strong need to act when confronted with a problem, knowing that in most situations the “perfect” answer does not exist yet you are able to find the best solution at that time.
- Comfortable with ambiguity: You are comfortable handling and managing moderate levels of ambiguity in your role. We are a young start-up in a new market, creating products and services which have never existed before, which often requires blazing new trails with uncertain outcomes.
- Passionate: You care about the quality of the things you produce and the problems you solve. At nZero, we are a passionate team who cares deeply about the climate challenges we are tackling.
- Inclusive: You understand that accepting and integrating a diverse set of views creates growth and opportunity.