OakNorth Analytical Intelligence – Product Development
With offices in London, New York, Singapore, Istanbul, Gurgaon, Bangalore and Shenzhen, OakNorth’s mission is to enable growth businesses to obtain the debt finance they need to pursue their ambitons. Our fintech platform (OakNorth Analytical Intelligence), which we developed to address this problem, is being used by a number of leading banks around the world, and by us in the UK via our own balance sheet lending.
OakNorth was set up in 2015 by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, who previously co-founded Copal Amba and grew it to 3,000 employees over 12 years, before selling it to Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) in 2014, returning 125 times capital to seed investors.
Since its inception, the OakNorth Holdings group has secured over $1bn from several investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, Indiabulls, NIBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank Vision Fund.
OakNorth India is a core contributor to our mission of changing SME lending globally for growth companies. The team, based out of our offices in Gurgaon and Bangalore, constitute some of the best credit analysts in India along with a team of engineers and data scientists who integrate into a global product team - all focused on developing the OakNorth Analytical Intelligence platform which is revolutionizing customized mid-market lending globally. Today, the platform is being used by banks across Europe, North America and Asia, who have combined balance sheets in excess of $800bn.
In the UK, the platform has helped us build a profitable loan book of over $3bn with no defaults to date. Globally, the platform has been deployed at various banks across North America, Europe, and Asia with $6bn of assets under management. In terms of the impact this has had on the economy, our loans have directly helped with the creation of 9,500 new homes and 11,000 new jobs in the UK, as well as adding several billion pounds to the economy.
Today, the team is made up of 300 people and we plan it to scale it to 500 people by the end of 2019.
- Responsible for developing architecture frameworks using JEE technologies
- Developing and supporting Java and JEE based systems on UNIX/Linux environments.
- Responsible for application design using Design Patterns, UML, component architecture, unit/functional testing, and/ or database design/tuning
- Knowledge of Open source frameworks and cloud technologies including Containers, chef, puppet scripting.
- Experience in Spring/Struts, Web Services Soap/Rest, Hibernate, Spring boot and Oracle PL/SQL including front end technologies like jQuery, JSP and HTML
- Strong understanding of the technology industry, including current and emerging solutions and trends
- Exceptional executive communication and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to transfer knowledge and inspire a growth mindset
- Consistent record of driving complex projects with quality and timeliness
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Engaging people leader with proven ability to inspire and lead the team
- Personal drive (proactive), flexible, creative (thinks out of the box), result driven, responsible, curious, team player and fast learner
- Ability to succeed in a culture where change and speed are part of daily work.
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to engage with team members, fostering a high degree of commitment to quality, delivery and client satisfaction
- Engage with key stakeholders in a creative, dynamic and flexible manner
- Bachelors or Master’s in Technology with 2-8 years of relevant work experience
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth Analytical Intelligence. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.