Test Engineer / QA
OakNorth Analytical Intelligence – Product Development
With close to $4bn in loans flowing through its systems, OakNorth AI is the leading player in the bespoke mid-sized loans segment, and has partnered with lending institutions around the world to unlock this under-served market.
OakNorth Analytical Intelligence (ONAI) is a FinTech platform unlocking the under-served and underestimated market for bespoke loans to SMEs. It does this by leveraging data, machine learning and technology to make a previously unprofitable market segment highly attractive. By deploying our platform globally, we are growing our footprint within the financial services industry and helping our clients reach previously untapped market segments.
The company was founded by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, serial entrepreneurs, who proved the concept for OakNorth Analytical Intelligence via OakNorth - a bank they founded in 2015 to address the mid-market funding gap in the UK. The bank became profitable after just 11 months and within a period of less than two years, has grown its loan book to $1.7bn. The group is the fastest in European history to become a unicorn (30 months from inception) and counts GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, among its investors. The management team has backgrounds from leading tech and financial institutions such as Palantir Technologies, Amazon, Apple, Intel and Goldman Sachs.
Design and deploy ONAI's QA methodology meeting continuous integration software architecture goals and standards. In this role you’ll be working directly with the Director of Product and product team on the build and delivery of software to ONAI's customers. This is an extremely high impact role and a great opportunity to be instrumental in defining ONAI's software development environment from the earliest stages.
Our current stack consists of Python, Postgres, ElasticSearch, and React. We deploy on AWS using Docker, and Terraform.
- Design, build and execute ONAI's automated testing strategy and framework
- Translate high-level feature and test descriptions into detailed test specifications
- Implement user acceptance test criteria in an automated fashion, using browser automation frameworks and similar tools
- Set-up and maintain scheduling, monitoring and reporting of our entire test suite
- Ensure a consistent, scalable and maintainable testing framework
- Embed our testing strategy across all business areas, making sure testing automation is part of development, deployment and persists in everyday use
- Passion for quality assurance, Continuous Integration testing methodologies, and change control
- Experience deploying automation testing frameworks in SaaS and/or cloud-based enterprise software environments
- Knowledge of modern deploy models
- Proven ability to approach problems practically and analytically
- Possess great attention to detail and outstanding follow through
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Self-starting. This is an opportunity to own a large part of our software architecture and outcomes for the company
- Singular focus on execution and delivery
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other engineering discipline
- 2-5 years minimum professional work experience in a Linux/Unix environment, using various programming languages (Java, Python, etc.)
If you have any public GitHub (or other) repositories please let us know. We’d love to see what you like working on!
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth Analytical Intelligence. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.