Associate, Employee Engagement
OakNorth Analytical Intelligence – People Operations
With close to $4bn in loans flowing through its systems, OakNorth AI is the leading player in the bespoke mid-sized loans segment, and has partnered with lending institutions around the world to unlock this under-served market.
OakNorth Analytical Intelligence (ON AI) is a FinTech platform unlocking the under-served and underestimated market for bespoke loans to SMEs. It does this by leveraging data, machine learning and technology to make a previously unprofitable market segment highly attractive. By deploying our platform globally, we are growing our footprint within the financial services industry and helping our clients reach previously untapped market segments.
The company was founded by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, serial entrepreneurs, who proved the concept for OakNorth Analytical Intelligence via OakNorth - a bank they founded in 2015 to address the mid-market funding gap in the UK. The bank became profitable after just 11 months and within a period of less than two years, has grown its loan book to $1.7bn. The group is the fastest in European history to become a unicorn (30 months from inception) and counts GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, among its investors. The management team has backgrounds from leading tech and financial institutions such as Palantir Technologies, Amazon, Apple, Intel and Goldman Sachs.
This a wide ranging role, encompassing the efficient management of employee engagement activities through a range of projects including social events, business briefs, performance management, cultural change and corporate responsibility.
- Collaborate with functional leaders and key employees to maximise the impact of your activities on employee engagement and retention
- Regularly catch up with employees, collect feedback and update leadership team on any concerns
- Analyse and recognise patterns in employee data (i.e. metrics such as employee survey results and turnover etc.) to shape engagement activities, drive action, maximise impact and evaluate success
- Demonstrate our company values through your work and develop new ways of working geared to further embed the values in employee’s daily lives and behaviours
- Monitor employee engagement and work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Participate in company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., annual performance management, mentorship, coaching and training, workforce planning and organizational change, etc.)
- Coach and counsel managers on effective management/supervisory skills to motivate and reward high performing employees
- Partner with the talent team to attract and retain a diverse and engaged workforce
- Conduct market research and benchmarking studies to understand emerging trends and industry best practice when it comes to employee engagement
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in employee engagement
- Compile reports and conduct analysis to map issues and demonstrate program efficacy
- Highly motivated with an enthusiasm for employee engagement; always seeks out new ways to engage with employees
- Able to network effectively and build constructive working relationships across the company
- Ability to present and communicate effectively at all employee levels
- Possess high EQ and an affable demeanour
- Carry yourself with magnetism and warmth; people should seek you out
- Operates with credibility and inspires confidence and trust of others
- Strong ethical compass and integrity; acts with the utmost of discretion at all times
- Confident decision maker who is able to work independently
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisation and project management skills; can work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth Analytical Intelligence. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.