OakNorth Analytical Intelligence – Product Development
With close to $4bn in loans flowing through its systems, OakNorth AI is the leading player in the bespoke mid-sized loans segment, and has partnered with lending institutions around the world to unlock this under-served market.
OakNorth Analytical Intelligence (ON AI) is a FinTech platform unlocking the under-served and underestimated market for bespoke loans to SMEs. It does this by leveraging data, machine learning and technology to make a previously unprofitable market segment highly attractive. By deploying our platform globally, we are growing our footprint within the financial services industry and helping our clients reach previously untapped market segments.
The company was founded by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, serial entrepreneurs, who proved the concept for OakNorth Analytical Intelligence via OakNorth - a bank they founded in 2015 to address the mid-market funding gap in the UK. The bank became profitable after just 11 months and within a period of less than two years, has grown its loan book to $1.7bn. The group is the fastest in European history to become a unicorn (30 months from inception) and counts GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, among its investors. The management team has backgrounds from leading tech and financial institutions such as Palantir Technologies, Amazon, Apple, Intel and Goldman Sachs.
- Full software development lifecycle experience
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competency with modern data and software stacks
- Comfort writing and enhancing Product specifications
- Experience delivering projects
- Ability to work with designers to create wireframes and define strategies for product rollout
- Experience with data-driven solutions, having built products that expose data insights to business customers.
- Work with Product Managers, create a Roadmap for your domain, setting strategic priorities
- Dedicate to continuous improvement, taking feedback from your team to improve mechanics and output
- Set sprint priorities based on Product Manager direction
- Manage your domain’s backlog
- Write stories, create product specifications, groom the backlog, and work with Engineers to plan and deliver sprints.
- Together with Engineering, focus on strong architecture and design to deliver outstanding user experiences.
- Commit to excellence in delivery, ensuring the quality of all products by following and improving standards, being innovative and adopting best practices
- Enjoy iteratively delivering products and be accountable for your performance, even when nobody is watching
- Be willing to get your hands dirty, exploring data, testing solutions and evaluating the competition
- Drive quality, putting your user’s needs at the forefront of everything you do.
- Establish and continuously improve the culture of the team, being an open communicator, and collaborative and proactive in team discussions
- Believe in measurement, developing metrics to track success
- Exhibit your high integrity, setting impeccable standards for yourself
- Be a self-starter, being trustworthy, and not requiring continual maintenance
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth Analytical Intelligence. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.