Director, Property Finance
OakNorth Bank – Property Finance /
OakNorth is the next-generation credit and monitoring platform that provides banks and lending institutions with the insight and foresight needed to create a better borrowing experience for the Missing Middle – the growth business who are the backbones of communities and economies globally but who have been in banking’s blind spot for decades.
The business was founded in 2015 by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, who previously co-founded Copal Amba and grew it to 3,000 employees over 12 years, before selling it to Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) in 2014, returning 125 times capital to seed investors.
Since its inception, OakNorth has secured over $1bn from several investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, Indiabulls, NIBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank’s Vision Fund.
The Platform has been deployed at various banks across North America, Europe, and Asia, and in the UK where OakNorth lends off of its own balance sheet via OakNorth Bank. The platform has helped OakNorth Bank become the fastest-growing business in Europe according to the Financial Times FT 1000 (2020), profitably lending over £4bn to date. In terms of the impact this has had on the economy, OakNorth Bank’s loans have directly helped with the creation of 13,000 new homes and 17,000 new jobs in the UK, as well as adding several billion pounds to the economy.
With offices in London, New York, Manchester, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Istanbul, Gurgaon and Bangalore, the global team across the OakNorth Holdings group is over 800 people.
We are looking for an exceptional Director, Property Finance with a property development focus who will help us achieve our growth targets for the business. Role is based in OakNorth’s London offices.
- Originate new real estate customer relationships for our core product set focussing on the Bank’s target market
- Continue ongoing management and further development of existing customer relationships, along with identifying new relationships and property development opportunities in the market
- Build a high quality portfolio of assets, with a constant focus on integrity and appropriate risk / return
- Meet team and individual targets including profit, credit quality, new customers, retention and customer satisfaction
- Build OakNorth Bank’s profile in the market through proactively targeting new business
- Overview of ongoing relationship management and client experience
- Assess appropriate organic and inorganic growth opportunities for OakNorth Bank in the market
- Build the profile of the Bank in the external market, with SMEs, property developers, KBIs, etc.
- Drive innovation in the product proposition to improve customer experience and service levels, whilst maintaining asset quality
- Ensure high level of customer experience at all times
- Meet team and individual targets set by OakNorth ExCo, CEO and the Board
- Structure transactions appropriately, and prove full credit reports to sanctioning authority
- Act in accordance with OakNorth Bank’s values at all times
- Report in a timely manner all aspects of origination to Head of Business Development
- Maintain close relationships with Customers and reporting to Credit in line with policy, in a timely manner
- A strong background in front office, product and risk within a SME oriented Commercial Banking environment
- Specialised focus in property development
- In-depth understanding of SMEs and the banking environment, specifically within residential and commercial property development
- Strong business development skills with good market knowledge and presence in the market
- Excellent client facing manner and experience
- Good understanding of business processes, strategy and credit policies
- Strong credit and financial analysis skills including the ability to write good quality and structured credit reports
- Capability to present a well presented credit case internally to credit committee
- Strong problem solving ability
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills
- Strong teamwork
- Strong understanding of the regulatory environment in the UK
- Experience of Front Office Treasury function, treasury funding and hedging products
- Demonstrable strong track record of the above and delivering targets on an individual and team basis
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.