OakNorth Analytical Intelligence – Product Development
With close to $4bn in loans flowing through its systems, OakNorth AI is the leading player in the bespoke mid-sized loans segment, and has partnered with lending institutions around the world to unlock this under-served market.
OakNorth Analytical Intelligence (ONAI) is a FinTech platform unlocking the under-served and underestimated market for bespoke loans to SMEs. It does this by leveraging data, machine learning and technology to make a previously unprofitable market segment highly attractive. By deploying our platform globally, we are growing our footprint within the financial services industry and helping our clients reach previously untapped market segments.
The company was founded by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, serial entrepreneurs, who proved the concept for OakNorth Analytical Intelligence via OakNorth - a bank they founded in 2015 to address the mid-market funding gap in the UK. The bank became profitable after just 11 months and within a period of less than two years, has grown its loan book to $1.7bn. The group is the fastest in European history to become a unicorn (30 months from inception) and counts GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, among its investors. The management team has backgrounds from leading tech and financial institutions such as Palantir Technologies, Amazon, Apple, Intel and Goldman Sachs.
ONAI's product and development team needs a Project Manager to work directly with the Director of Product and Product Manager to help coordinate our releases, communicate our roadmap, and handle multiple lines of communication to all our users and customers.
Over the last 12 months, the product team has grown 10x and we're moving at significant pace. As we scale our team and product, we need to build and scale our process and organisation.
This is a high impact role - you will be the first person in the product team dedicated to making us operationally excellent. As such, you will have ownership over how we systematise and how this part of the product team scales over time.
Ideally you should have some experience in a role similar to the one we're describing. Some of the requirements and responsibilities are listed below, however these are not exhaustive and will change as the company and role evolve. If you feel you're a good fit, please get in touch!
- Own communication with all parties external to the Product team. This includes internal teams of users, Growth & Operations (BizDev), and senior management;
- Help organise internal tracking and process within the dev/product team;
- Own product release cadence and communication to users;
- Manage critical requirements and customer must-haves as articulated by our Growth & Operations team
- Some prior experience in a fast paced startup is a plus
- Productive in chaos and a strong sense of priority
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- A pragmatic approach to process
- Experience working with a technical team
- Some technical knowledge is good to have
- Previous use with common project management tools (e.g. Jira) would be helpful
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth Analytical Intelligence. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.