Director, Portfolio Management
OakNorth Analytical Intelligence – Debt Finance
With close to $4bn in loans flowing through its systems, OakNorth AI is the leading player in the bespoke mid-sized loans segment, and has partnered with lending institutions around the world to unlock this under-served market.
OakNorth Analytical Intelligence (ONAI) is a FinTech platform unlocking the under-served and underestimated market for bespoke loans to SMEs. It does this by leveraging data, machine learning and technology to make a previously unprofitable market segment highly attractive. By deploying our platform globally, we are growing our footprint within the financial services industry and helping our clients reach previously untapped market segments.
The company was founded by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, serial entrepreneurs, who proved the concept for OakNorth Analytical Intelligence via OakNorth - a bank they founded in 2015 to address the mid-market funding gap in the UK. The bank became profitable after just 11 months and within a period of less than two years, has grown its loan book to $1.7bn. The group is the fastest in European history to become a unicorn (30 months from inception) and counts GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, among its investors. The management team has backgrounds from leading tech and financial institutions such as Palantir Technologies, Amazon, Apple, Intel and Goldman Sachs.
Reporting to the Head of Portfolio Management, you will assist in monitoring and managing the banks entire drawn loan book with a prime focus on complex trading customers and customers showing signs of financial distress.
- Provide exceptional customer service to the Bank’s borrowing customers.
- Manage a portfolio of borrowing real estate and trading clients including annual and periodic reviews/early warning monitoring and covenant monitoring.
- Lead complex negotiations and restructurings including undertaking detailed financial analysis and leading teams of junior staff on the same.
- Provide support and guidance to the Head of PM and Head of Credit in developing risk management systems and internal control processes to support further growth of the loan book.
- Analyse economic, political and market events which may have impact on the portfolio and make risk management recommendations.
- Lead initiatives to improve the Bank’s client relationship strategies and risk management framework so we can continue to grow the book in a safe and sustainable way.
- Work collaboratively with a team of analysists to achieve all the above.
- The ability to function independently and jointly as a member of a team.
- Negotiating and influencing with senior stakeholders both in borrower companies and their shareholders and internally.
- A thorough working knowledge of commercial credit appraisal techniques and the ability to apply the same commercially in ‘real world’ scenarios.
- Extensive lending experience including high levels of proficiency in the analysis of financial accounts, dealing with complex lending and security documentation, inc. LMA, and creating a reviewing detailed financial models.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including credit report writing.
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail, including strong ability to analyse, document, simplify and effectively deal with complex technical and business matters and processes.
- Work to ensure the early identification of problem credits and delivery of effective remediation strategy’s.
- Undertake monitoring and stress testing on individual and groups of loans.
- Ensure credit risk and portfolio monitoring policies and procedures are effectively complied.
- Assess the credit risks of new business initiatives, provide guidance and propose solutions in relation to OakNorth products, operations and services.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders (both internal and external), provide advice, support and solutions on a broad range of credit risk issues.
- Assist in any other ad-hoc projects as required.
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth Analytical Intelligence. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.