Director, Transaction Execution
OakNorth Analytical Intelligence – Legal
With close to $4bn in loans flowing through its systems, OakNorth AI is the leading player in the bespoke mid-sized loans segment, and has partnered with lending institutions around the world to unlock this under-served market.
OakNorth Analytical Intelligence (ONAI) is a FinTech platform unlocking the under-served and underestimated market for bespoke loans to SMEs. It does this by leveraging data, machine learning and technology to make a previously unprofitable market segment highly attractive. By deploying our platform globally, we are growing our footprint within the financial services industry and helping our clients reach previously untapped market segments.
The company was founded by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, serial entrepreneurs, who proved the concept for OakNorth Analytical Intelligence via OakNorth - a bank they founded in 2015 to address the mid-market funding gap in the UK. The bank became profitable after just 11 months and within a period of less than two years, has grown its loan book to $1.7bn. The group is the fastest in European history to become a unicorn (30 months from inception) and counts GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, among its investors. The management team has backgrounds from leading tech and financial institutions such as Palantir Technologies, Amazon, Apple, Intel and Goldman Sachs.
- Work with prospective borrowers to agree deal structures and advise the Business Development and Credit teams to ensure structures of deals comply with terms of credit sanction.
- Ensure Term Sheets are agreed in a time efficient manner for transactions to be commenced quickly.
- Instruct and manage external and internal lawyers on the drafting of finance documents.
- Instruct and manage internal lawyers for the production of finance documents.
- Manage the real estate due diligence process and ensure early commencement of each stage.
- Manage a number of transactions simultaneously and facilitate all CPs to be satisfied as quickly as possible.
- Ensure that the internal operations teams receives all information required to book transactions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Keep the Bank’s CRM programme updated to ensure that the business has full visibility on deal closings and pipeline.
- Extensive experience of a wide range of finance transactions and clear understanding of all types of deal structures
- Strong knowledge and understanding of banking transaction documentation
- Highly skilled transaction management and structuring experience
- Clear attention to detail on all deal structuring and transaction documents
- Ability to add value and build trust with clients
- Strong communication skills, ability to work in teams and demonstrates ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong understanding of the regulatory environment
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth Analytical Intelligence. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.