OakNorth Analytical Intelligence – Product Development
With close to $4bn in loans flowing through its systems, OakNorth AI is the leading player in the bespoke mid-sized loans segment, and has partnered with lending institutions around the world to unlock this under-served market.
OakNorth Analytical Intelligence (ON AI) is a FinTech platform unlocking the under-served and underestimated market for bespoke loans to SMEs. It does this by leveraging data, machine learning and technology to make a previously unprofitable market segment highly attractive. By deploying our platform globally, we are growing our footprint within the financial services industry and helping our clients reach previously untapped market segments.
The company was founded by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, serial entrepreneurs, who proved the concept for OakNorth Analytical Intelligence via OakNorth - a bank they founded in 2015 to address the mid-market funding gap in the UK. The bank became profitable after just 11 months and within a period of less than two years, has grown its loan book to $1.7bn. The group is the fastest in European history to become a unicorn (30 months from inception) and counts GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, among its investors. The management team has backgrounds from leading tech and financial institutions such as Palantir Technologies, Amazon, Apple, Intel and Goldman Sachs.
Our team and product are growing rapidly and we need to ensure our product is a delight to use.
You will be one of the very first designers in the team and responsible for the UI and UX that our users interact with daily.
As a Product Designer, you’ll be in charge of translating the vision of the company and requests from users into clear visual design and user flow. You'll work side by side with our engineering team, Senior Designer and Director of Product.
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around user needs, using anything from a whiteboard to industry standard tools
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Build a coherent brand and feel throughout the software
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas
- Three or more years of product design experience (UI/UX)
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Expertise in UI/UX software such as Sketch, Axure, InVision, Balsamiq, Framer
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Empathy with our users and team
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth Analytical Intelligence. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.