Full Stack Engineer
OakNorth Analytical Intelligence – Product Development
With close to $4bn in loans flowing through its systems, OakNorth AI is the leading player in the bespoke mid-sized loans segment, and has partnered with lending institutions around the world to unlock this under-served market.
OakNorth Analytical Intelligence (ONAI) is a FinTech platform unlocking the under-served and underestimated market for bespoke loans to SMEs. It does this by leveraging data, machine learning and technology to make a previously unprofitable market segment highly attractive. By deploying our platform globally, we are growing our footprint within the financial services industry and helping our clients reach previously untapped market segments.
The company was founded by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, serial entrepreneurs, who proved the concept for OakNorth Analytical Intelligence via OakNorth - a bank they founded in 2015 to address the mid-market funding gap in the UK. The bank became profitable after just 11 months and within a period of less than two years, has grown its loan book to $1.7bn. The group is the fastest in European history to become a unicorn (30 months from inception) and counts GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, among its investors. The management team has backgrounds from leading tech and financial institutions such as Palantir Technologies, Amazon, Apple, Intel and Goldman Sachs.
Design, build and enhance ONAI's advanced browser-based, interactive, analytical platform that helps us better understand, explain, and improve our credit underwriting and monitoring process. This is a hands-on, full-stack development role that provides growth and learning opportunities. In this role you’ll be working directly with the Director of Product and product team on the build and delivery of software to ONAI's customers. This is an extremely high impact role and a great opportunity to be instrumental in defining ONAI's software development environment from the earliest stages.
Our current stack consists of Python, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch and React. We deploy on AWS using Docker and Terraform.
- Build and maintain products for a SaaS platform that leverages AI to reduce the effort of the credit underwriting and monitoring teams and increase relevancy and effectiveness
- Having a high degree of impact on the key products for the organization
- Working with a small high-performing team across as the full stack developer as an expert and mentor
- Working closely with everyone across the company to make decisions on direction and deliver value every day to customers
- Experience working with DevOps continuous integrations and deployment:
- Delivery tools (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, Bamboo) and building tools (Maven)
- Docker, Docker orchestration – Kubernetes and AWS ECS
- Docker image development and optimization
- Implement and help to design and enforce code quality standards
- Engage with clients in a creative, dynamic and flexible manner
- Familiarity with Django or a similar Python web framework
- Experience with serverless AWS technologies, such as Lambda and APIGateway
- Experience creating and using Docker containers
- Experience with Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, etc.)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (e.g. Kanban, Scrum)
- Participate in code and design reviews with product engineering teams
- Personal drive (proactive), flexible, creative (thinks out of the box), result driven, responsible, curious, team player and fast learner
- Ability to succeed in a culture where change and speed are part of daily work.
- Confident, easy-going, and convincing manner when presenting to and working with senior executives and technical audiences
- Excellent translation skills; possess the ability to accurately grasp and convey client requirements
- Clear and eloquent presentation style, both in verbal and written communication (technical and non-technical documents)
- Highly commercial disposition and strong track record of delivering technology products to market
- Experience working with financial institutions as end clients ideal, but not an absolute requirement
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to engage with team members, fostering a high degree of commitment to quality, delivery and client satisfaction
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other engineering discipline
If you have any public GitHub (or other) repositories please let us know. We’d love to see what you like working on!
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth Analytical Intelligence. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.