OakNorth Analytical Intelligence – Product Development
With close to $4bn in loans flowing through its systems, OakNorth AI is the leading player in the bespoke mid-sized loans segment, and has partnered with lending institutions around the world to unlock this under-served market.
OakNorth Analytical Intelligence (ON AI) is a FinTech platform unlocking the under-served and underestimated market for bespoke loans to SMEs. It does this by leveraging data, machine learning and technology to make a previously unprofitable market segment highly attractive. By deploying our platform globally, we are growing our footprint within the financial services industry and helping our clients reach previously untapped market segments.
The company was founded by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, serial entrepreneurs, who proved the concept for OakNorth Analytical Intelligence via OakNorth - a bank they founded in 2015 to address the mid-market funding gap in the UK. The bank became profitable after just 11 months and within a period of less than two years, has grown its loan book to $1.7bn. The group is the fastest in European history to become a unicorn (30 months from inception) and counts GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, among its investors. The management team has backgrounds from leading tech and financial institutions such as Palantir Technologies, Amazon, Apple, Intel and Goldman Sachs.
OakNorth AI is looking for an experienced data engineer with a passion for producing amazing data-driven software. They must have proven track record of delivering robust big data pipelines, the ability to work with other engineers and internal stakeholders in a dynamic environment and have exceptional communication skills. The Data Engineer will build scalable, robust data systems in order to process massive streaming and batch data sets. Core to our product roadmap, the need to identify, integrate and transform diverse data sets internally and from third parties increases daily.
- Take ownership of the performance and availability of our data related services
- Play a key role in the build-out, migration to, and operation of our big data infrastructure using tools like AWS Kinesis/Kafka, Glue, Redshift and Apache Spark
- Build tools to make data accessible to the Product and Engineering teams
- Craft clean, excellent code
- Strong experience in one or more high-level data-oriented languages (e.g. Python, Go, etc.)
- Knowledge of AWS data platform (Glue, Kinesis, Redshift, Athena, S3) a plus
- Full software development lifecycle experience
- Good foundation in building data pipelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience thinking about infrastructure as code
- Competency with modern data platforms
- A natural ability for ETL -- doing this in your sleep
- Deep experience with data-driven solutions, having been on teams building products that expose data insights to business customers
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth Analytical Intelligence. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.