OakNorth – Operations
With offices in London, New York, Singapore, Istanbul, Gurgaon, Bangalore and Shanghai, OakNorth’s mission is to enable growth businesses to obtain the debt finance they need to pursue their ambitions. Our platform, which we developed to address this problem, is being used by several leading banks around the world, and by us in the UK via our own balance sheet lending.
OakNorth was set up in 2015 by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, who previously co-founded Copal Amba and grew it to 3,000 employees over 12 years, before selling it to Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) in 2014, returning 125 times capital to seed investors.
Since its inception, OakNorth has secured over $1bn from several investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, Indiabulls, NIBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank’s Vision Fund.
In the UK, the platform has helped us build a profitable loan book of over $4bn and secure over $600m of repayments. In terms of the impact this has had on the economy, our loans have directly helped with the creation of 10,000 new homes and 13,000 new jobs in the UK, as well as adding several billion pounds to the economy. Globally, the platform has been deployed at various banks across North America, Europe, and Asia.
Today, the global team is made up of 550 people.
At OakNorth, we look after our customer’s savings and reward them with market leading interest rates; and we lend money to the best British entrepreneurs to help their businesses grow. To date we have lent over $3bn to British businesses, including high street names like Leon, and have received almost $1bn in funding from some of the world’s leading investors who share our vision.
We are looking for an iOS Engineer, who will:
- Develop a new iOS app, core to OakNorth’s strategy. You’ll be developing a new greenfield product and will have an opportunity to influence the architecture of the app and the technologies/tools that we use, including the latest Apple/iOS technologies such as SwiftUI.
- Work collaboratively in a cross functional team of product managers, designers, engineers and marketers. You will be responsible for the development of the app, but you should also be confident having constructive debates on things such as design.
- Take ownership of the quality of the iOS app.
You should apply if:
- You have a diverse range of experience developing new customer propositions on iOS.
- You are excited about programming in Swift.
- You have experience taking a new concept and delivering it to customers. This means you’re comfortable kicking off new projects, breaking problems down into smaller pieces, resolving difficult technical questions, and developing at speed.
- You appreciate the importance of showing regular progress. You’re comfortable demonstrating how the team are getting on to a broad range of people, and you’re good at talking in terms that everyone understands.
- You take full ownership and accountability for your own work, however you work best as part of a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, engineers and marketers.
- You have a strong point of view on the way development should be done, but you appreciate that we’re still a startup and sometimes we need to be flexible and adapt.
- You are inquisitive and have a strong attention to detail. Banking experience isn’t a prerequisite; but you should be interested enough in the space to want to understand how banks work in detail.
If you think you meet the above then we would love to talk through your experience.
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.